Henry's not feeling well today. Which made doing his Therapy...interesting...to say the least. Since I started back he's been really aggressive...which is SO not like him. Well, today was no exception. He hit me in the face, and sent my glasses flying. This is not the first time it's happened. He also scratched me...on the face. At least I was fast enough to dodge all his bites today :(
I wish I could figure out what the heck is making him so angry!! I mean, I KNOW that he's having a hard time in school with his EA, and that is no good. And now here I am back, making him do his work...so he's not having any easy days. But there's no reason for all this aggression.
Well, at the end of the day I took my glasses off to get an eyelash out of my eye. And when I put them back off, they came apart in my hand. I guess they took one too many falls on the floor :( I felt SOOO bad. As did Jenny. She appologized so many times, and offered to replace them.
I luckily had my prescription sunglasses in the van with me, so off to Wal-Mart(where I bought them) I went. Can I just tell you....BEST place for Customer Service. They no longer make my frames, and no other frames will hold my lenses in place. I was Really not wanting to present Jenny with a $300 bill for new glasses when there's nothing wrong with my lenses. Then another lady came out from the back and asked which frame I needed. HALLELUJAH! She had a front to the frames I needed!! So, 15 minutes, and I was good to go!! They don't exactly match the arms to my old glasses, but you know what, I'm thrilled about that!! When Aidan cracked my glasses a year ago(When they were still under warranty) I had them replaced, but they told me they didn't make the colour I had anymore. And they gave me an orangey brown frame, that I did NOT like! WELL!! the new frames I got today are the old colour!! A deep burgandy :)
And the best part!?? NO CHARGE!!!!!! Nope, nada. Not even labour. They said "It's just parts. Absolutely no charge!!" I will DEFINITELY be going back to them when I need new glasses.
So, that was my day. I think I go lay down, nurse this headache I have, and try to decide between sloppy joes, or nachos for dinner :)
Ciao Bella's!!
~Lisa~
Friday, December 02, 2005
Rough Day, with a Twist.
Posted by MamaTink at 4:34 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Poor Henry! I wonder what's goin on with his little brain that's making him act out this way.
Do you think maybe he's afraid you're going to "leave" again, so he's not wanting to get attached to you?
I don't know.
Yay on the glasses.
I do so hope that you're able to figure it all out soon!
-Jes
Are you bringing Mason with you? I think you mentioned his Mom watching Mason while you taught Henry. He might be jealous. Just a thought, I hope you figure it out soon.
Woo hoo for Walmart fixing your glasses for free and fast! :) I really like good customer service. We've always had good custumer service from Sears Optical. That is where our insurance goes. :)
Yay on Walmart - I'll have to tell Chris to get his glasses there from now on - Sears has been kinda sucky.
Don't know what's going on with Henry. Poor guy - it must be so frustrating to not be able to verbalize what's bugging him. Matthew can verbalize quite a bit - but he still has his moments where all he does is scream and it drives us all crazy. His latest thing is to just sit and stim "ba ba ba ba" over and over - drives Duncan to the point of aggressivly acting out at him, and then they both end up in tears.
Thanks for the thoughts and ideas ladies...they really help.
Jenn...Henry is Very verbal...unfortunately his aggression is taking over, and he can't seem to control it. It's cute when he calms down though. He always says "I'm sorry Lisa, I forgive you." LOL.
~Lisa~
Post a Comment