CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 09, 2005

I should have been a bear.

Then I could hibernate through this entire dumb winter thing. DAMN MY ANCESTORS!! Why couldn't they have landed in Florida!?

We got snow last night. About 6 inches. While we have a rather archaic snow blower nestled away in the garage...I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THE DUMB THING!! Al gave me a tutorial the other night...It went like this..."You just pull the thing, and the thing, and it goes." Yeah. Thanks Honey.

So this morning. I talk to Karen(My very pregnant, best friend/neighbour) and she's telling me that the snow plow driver has yet again targeted her and my driveways for dumping ALL the the streets' snow into. GREAT. So i decide to wait until Mason is down for his next nap and then I'll bundle up Jenna and Aidan and they can have a grand old time in the snow while I shovel. Ugh.

Fast forward, the baby is asleep. I scoot around and gather up all the winter gear. Man, 2 kids wear a lot of winter gear. I referee a few fights, threaten no outside time a few times, and out we go. I get the section of driveway below the sideawalk shovelled. In between snow in sleeves, a couple slips(the kids, not me), and one lost in the snow mitten crisis. And wouldn't you know it, Mason wakes up. In we go. Amidst screaming and tears. Isn't winter fun!?

I feed the baby, and bundle him up, because I am on a MISSION now. I WILL get the driveway shovelled, if it's the last thing I do today. Back out we go. Aidan plays in the little tykes house we have. The same place he played all SUMMER! hello? We're in the SNOW...lol...oh well, he was playing nicely in there, having a grand old time pretending to serve cheese sandwiches. Except that he kept taking off his mittens GRR.

Jenna was lovely. Climbing into all the snow I just shovelled...making it spill onto the freshly shovelled driveway. like I said, lovely :)

I just KNOW all the neighbours were watching me from behind thier cozy curtains. Laughing at that silly woman who keeps having babies. And LOOK! She's got the BABY out in this cold weather. What a foolish girl. and she's stiiiillllll shovelling!! BWAHAHAHAHA

Ugh. I am sooo moving to Florida ~:-P

~Lisa~

2 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

You are a much braver soul than I.. I bundled up Alyssa, Tyson and Chloe and went to play in my neighbour's yard while SHE shoveled her driveway.. I let Gunther have ours.. he does precious little else round here lately!

Julie Q said...

He he, I made my 18 year old get up with Zachary at 8:00 this morning so I could shovel. :) I didn't want him to wake up and think he was alone. It is hard when you want to get it done and you have little ones.

And just one little kid wears a lot of winter gear, I can't imagine three again. :) I think we kept the older three in a lot. ;)