We made it! And had a great time too! Got back on Wednesday afternoon(Happy Birthday Julie!!!!)
The trip up to Timmins was pretty uneventful. Took 8 hours though :P Darn kids...think they're hungry! :) We did find the best truck stop though! Butler Lake Truck stop. They were SO nice to the kids, and the food was amazing!! Great Coffee too!!! You know, in case you ever feel the need to travel on boring Hwy. 11 all the way to Timmins some day :)
We stayed with Al's sister Noreen. She's awesome. And her boyfriend/partner/significant other...whatever, is HILARIOUS!! Aidan was thrilled. He kept walking around the house calling for "Uncle Denis!!". :)
Speaking of Aidan, my best sleeper became the Worst sleeper EVER! Ugh!! I had to lay with him every night/nap to get him to go to sleep and then he was up in the night every night except our last night there...of course. Made for a very sleepy mama!
Christmas Eve was spent at my other SIL's apartment. It was alright. But, loud, and Mason wouldn't sleep, and too many people were drinking. And the kids were being hooligans. LOL It was a lot of fun when Al brought out his guitar though! He and his sisters sang Christmas Carols :) You should have seen the look on his mom's face :) It was so beatiful to see the pride there.
Christmas was Wonderful!! not quite the same for me, since it wasn't at my Mom's like I am used to, but great none the less :) Everyone was spoiled!!
Aidan's favourite gifts were his spiderman action figure, and his Leap Frog alphabet fridge magnet thingy. It teaches the letter sounds, alphabet and numbers 1-10...we both love this one :) The Tonka dump truck was a really big hit too.

Jenna's favourite were a simple princess colouring book and markers, a new Barbie, and her first (of many I'm sure) Polly Pocket set :)

She Lights Up!!
Mason was thrilled with all the paper his presents came in...probably more so than the actual presents...but then, he is only 4 months old :)
I got a wicked cool denim jacket!! Thanks go out to Stacey and Clinton on TLC's What Not to Wear, for teaching my husband about what will look great on my body shape! lol
I also FINALLY got the bucket that goes with the mop I bought Months ago! Jenn(Mac3Mom/tales from a mom of boys) raves about this mop/bucket set, and now that I have used it, WOW!!! Best mop I have EVER used!! Never will I use a sponge mop again! Ever!!

I surprised Al with the Rush DVD he's been drooling over. It was so funny. We were driving up to Timmins and he told me (for the second time) that his favourite band has a new DVD out, and that he Really wants it. I of course, played dumb, and asked the name of it. R30. I knew this of course, since I'd gotten it already!!! But, played even dumber and asked if it was R30 or Rush 30 LOL....he he he...I'm so sneaky. You should have seen me trying to keep a straight face!! If any of you are Rush fans(they're a Canadian Band) this is a great buy. It comes with 2 DVD's, 2 music cd's and 2 autographed guitar pics!! I'm sooo happy to have been able to get it for him :) he also got a shirt, and a couple tools. Spoiled isn't he :)
So, that was our Christmas morning.
I got to go out Boxing day shopping with my SIL's and my MIL. Got some wicked deals!! a $9 sweater, black cable knit.
And a $4 shirt for Jenna...it suits her perfectly, i must hear this about a kazillion times a day!
Some $.99 socks for Aidan that have fire trucks on them. A HUGE hit with my boy :) I got a new winter jacket too! Get this: FOR $10!! I love it too!! it's bugandy, and has sewn in scrollwork, a fur trimmed hood, so nice :) And the deal of the day, a beautiful white a-line skirt from Wal-Mart FOR TWO DOLLARS!!!!!!!!! WooHoo! Go me!!! oh, and some pants for $12.
I found out that my SIL's house is haunted. For real. Oh man it freaks me out! LOL The first night we were there I was up in the night feeding Mason. And I heard footsteps in the hallway. You know when you have dry feet, and they kinda catch in the carpet? That's what it sounded like. And walking real slow. At first I thought it was just Jenna getting up to go to the bathroom. But then no one went in to the bathroom. So my mind started working overtime. I put Mason back in his bed, and grabbed a shoe off my SIL's shoe rack(go ahead, laugh, everyone else did :)) And poked my head around the door. Nothing there. So, I figured I was imagining things, being in a strange house and all. Until the last evening we were there, and I mentioned it jokingly to my SIL! She said "Didn't you know that? We think it's a little boy." ACK!!! They have heard the exact same sound, and seen some sort of streak going into the bathroom late at night. I could NOT get to sleep that night!! I'm still getting shivers just writing about it!
Well, i know there was more(I kept thinking the whole time there "I have to blog this!" and now can't remember half of it! LOL)
anyway, we're home, safe and sound, with a few mountains of laundry to do :P a lot of smokers up there. Makes for Stinky clothes!!
It's nice to be home :)
~Lisa~
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Home Sweet Home.
Posted by MamaTink at 12:25 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Welcome Home!!! Glad you had a great time!!! I love love love Jenna's shirt! I need a "It wasn't me!" one for Sarah! :)
Hugs
It is nice to have you back. :)
My kids have never slept well when not in their own beds.
Woo hoo for the bargains! We picked up some lights for next year today at 75% off! It felt like we were stealing them! :)
I am so happy to have you back too!!! I kept checking and saying "How long is Lisa going to be gone - Sheeesh"
Love Jenna's shirt - how cute. And freaky about the haunted house - you gave me chills!!!
Post a Comment