CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'm such a dork.

I will never ever unintentionally cut off a trucker again EVER!! I was driving to work this morning, and was coming to a set of lights that have a second lane to the right, which merges after the lights(Does that make sense?? there's a lot of trucks in that area, so it makes it easier to get ahead of their slow asses...ahem...)

So,this morning, I pull into the second lane, behind another van, beside a truck(as in an 18 wheeler truck, no trailer). The van decides at the last second he's turning right into Bradford Greenhouses. UGH! So, naturally i have to totally boot it to get ahead of the truck and three other vehicles that are behind it, since no one ever lets me in. Yeah. That was the stupidest idea I had all day. I apparently was trying to outrace Mr. Not-letting-anyone-infront-of-me-EVER. The bugger would NOT let me in. So I run out of merging lane, and am on the shoulder trying to get in front of this guy. I know, it was dumb, I should have slowed down and waited my turn. I know.

But THEN! I get back infront of him and he's riding my ass the whole way to my turn off. AND THEN HE TURNED TOO!! ACK! I totally convinced myself that he was so pissed off at me that he was going to follow me all the way to Henry's and do mean things to me when I got there. I, like the chicken I am, turned down a different road and let him go on without me. Go ahead, laugh at me. I even said out loud, "I am totally turning this corner" LOL.

Luckily he went on his way, and didn't pull over to wait for me to get back onto my road so that he could follow me and do mean things to me.

What did I learn today boys and girls???

Always wait your turn.

~Lisa~

4 comments:

Julie Q said...

Good thing to know. ;)

I'm glad that you are ok and he really didn't follow you Lisa. That is scary.

Take care, drive (very) carefully.

Jenn said...

grrrrrr - you can never tell with a truck - I mean, why not just let you in - you can go faster than he can, since you are so much lighter - ARGGG - i hate hate hate that attitude. I would have tried to get ahead too - since I hate plodding along behind those big trucks - you can't see anything, and they (usually) drive so slow. I'm glad you're ok though - I'm sure your heart was a-racing!! Sorry he was such a jerk - that was so dangerous for him to do - since you can stop so much faster than he can! Too bad he didn't have a 1-800-how's my driving number for you to complain to!

The other me said...

trucks are very scarey..the drivers can be even scarier!

Anonymous said...

I have had that happen!!! So scary!!!

Truckers are scary sometimes. They are so used to jerk's on the road, that they become hardened, kwim?

At least, my bil (yeah the one you know about) used to tell horror stories.

And some of the stuff they saw? Whoooooooooooooo Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee it's make you cringe or vomit. Or both.