I got a raise!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! At a time so perfect I nearly wept with joy and relief when Jenny said the new number.
I knew it was coming. Another family contacted me awhile ago to see if I was available to do therapy for their Daughter. I haven't made my decision on that yet (It means missing SO much of Mason's (and Aidan's and Jenna's of course, but they're older...okay, shutting up now) life...I'm not quite prepared to do that. So, I guess when I told Jenny about the other family, she got scared that they were trying to steal me away from them :) never gonna happen, I love Henry WAY more than is professional really :) I swear, he's like my 4th child. But, it worked out well, because Jenny made sure I was well aware that they would fight for me!
Anyway, Jenny went on and on about how thrilled they are with the changes in Henry's life in the past year. How they like that I am a mother, that I know how far I can push Henry, and when to pull back, but that I also know that he Needs those pushes to advance :) There was so much more, but I have a hard time bragging, and receiving praise, so I am stopping now :)
Bad news (in a way) is that they are NOT happy with Karen, and have asked another consultant to come in at the end of the month to interview to replace her. I can't say I am surprised. There are sooo many reasons why Karen should be replaced. But, I am very scared that it's going to make it hard for me. I rely on Karen's input a lot. She's been at this for almost 6 years, and really does know what she's doing. I have a feeling she'll cut me off from any and all information just to spite them. Man, that really worries me. But, like Jenny suggested, it really does give her quite the power trip. I'm not sure why, but Jenny also said she doesn't like the way Karen speaks to me...I wonder if it's because Karen tends to interrupt me, and talk over me...but then, I have that problem with a lot of people. :) Anyway, this is not about her.
So, I am set for another year with Henry. Whom I love and adore. I am also Definitely going to be able to afford to take courses with The Geneva Centre for Autism. I can't WAIT!!! WOOHOO!!
~Lisa~
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
They like me, they Really Like Me!!!
Posted by MamaTink at 6:53 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is great Lisa. Especially the part of being able to spend more time with Mason. :) Babies grow up fast enough, and I know you know that.
It is wonderful Henry has a such a loving teacher. I have always loved when my children's teachers were like a second Mom.
YAY!!!!!!!!!! You ARE Worth fighting for... and I seceretly suspect that you don't need Karen half as much as Karen thinks you need her ;)
HUGS!
Post a Comment