CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 19, 2006

Counting down the days!!

First of all, this is a record setting SECOND post in One Day! WOOT! So, please read my earlier entry too...it's a Great one!!

So, on to This post!

Only 6 days until my little girl turns 5! Wow. I don't really know how this happened!! She's Very excited!

I'm really excited about her party this year. The invitations were a HIT! :) One of the mom's mentions them everytime I see her :) YAY ME!! Here's a picture...



Pretty cool eh :) That's right...hand drawn. Oh yes. Shameless bragging abounds today!

I got the custard cups I needed to make the tea cup cakes today. I realized late last night, OMG, I still didn't have them!! There's still lots to do, but it's coming together. I still need to decide if I am going to use chocolate icing for the "tea" on the the cupcakes, or if the brown gel will be more authentic...looking at it from a 5 year old perspective, I'm guessing the icing will be preferred. this is my inspiration:

The 'saucer' is a cookie :) Neat eh?

I'm still not sure about games. I'll maybe google victorian party games. Or I may stick to traditional games like musical chairs...pin the spout on the teapot...I probably need more though...

I think I'll get some small wooden boxes for the girls to paint. I'll probably set that up for when the arrive, then they have time to dry...hopefully :)

Jenna wants cut out sandwiches. Shaped like butterflies and hearts and flowers. I'm not sold on that yet :) I was just going to do finger sandwiches. Cut into small rectangles. I'll probably be the loser on this battle!! Maybe I can convince Al to do that part HAHA.

Anyway, best get some housework done. Too much party planning makes me sleepy :)

~Lisa~

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Those little edible tea cups are AWESOME - Mmmmm they look rather tasty. I bet my boys would LOVE those - they are big into tea party's LOL. I hope Jenna's party is a huge success and that she has a great time - even with square and triangle sandwiches! Happy Birthday Jenna!!

Julie Q said...

It all sounds so cute Lisa! She is going to love it all! I vote for frosting on the tea! It just tastes better. ;) But, whatever is easier for you. They are cute, but it looks like they will keep you busy.

Can't wait to see pictures of it all! Such cute invitations too!

Zachary is a tea party lover too!

The other me said...

Those cakes are divine!! Over here we have some chocolate called caramac, it is exactly tea coloured.....wish there was time to send some! I need to start thinking about the boys' parties, they all come around the same time..I am hopeless at it all, you are a star!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

WOW you rock Mom! I confess we're just doing the "throw some burgers on the grill" theme for Chloe's bday LOL

Happy Almost Birthday Jenna!!!