CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The End. Almost.

I've decided to wean Mason. I think. Mostly.

We were doing pretty good. But then her got 4 gigantic teeth within 2 weeks. And he became a biter. Then he decided to be the boss of Me (as IF!), and went on a 36 hour nursing strike. Every since then it hasn't been the same for us. He's been disinterested. Not that I ever really shared the same nursing bond with Mason as I had with Aidan though. We were great in the beginning, but it's never been real 'special'.

I'm hoping, rather selfishly - go ahead, blast and berate, I can take it - that more formula during the day will help him make it through the night easier. I'm tired. I'm yelling too much. I'm fuzzy in my head. I'm done. I told my 9 1/2 month old to F-off this morning. Through tears so thick I could barely see him. This is NOT the kind of mommy my baby needs. The only excuse I had was that I was tired. Sounds pretty lame doesn't it.

So, on to a new era. Not a long one though. Mason will be 10 months old next Friday (Wait? WHAT??). So only a couple months of formula and then it's on to milk in a sippy for him :)

I'll probably still nurse him in the night(Who likes making bottles at 3AM anyway?) and I will probably keep his first morning nursing session too. But other than that, My boobies will be my own again.

I guess the up side to all this is new bras for me. woo...hoo **said with very little enthusiasm** I know I have shrunk. Which is totally unfair. But, whatever, I'll have an easier time finding my new size I'm sure...whatever that may be.

I am saddened by this decision. I mean...never again will I hold a newborn to my breast and pray so Hard for him to drink baby, drink. Never again will I have the satisfaction of knowing that my baby got to be so big, and so healthy because I nourished him with my own body. Mason is our last. My Baby forever. It's weird.

I dont know if I'm weepy tonight because I am sad to be moving on, or because I'm so sleepy. :)

~Lisa~

3 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I've been there and done that and you're not a bad Mom. I screeched at people in the Wal-Mart studio then walked out and left my husband and kids behind. Simply took off for half an hour before I finally found the strength to go back.. and there was a time there when I really didn't want to. I've done all those things and you know what? I weaned Sarah at 9.5 months and it was PERFECT timing. I only wished I'd managed to wean Chloe at 9.5 months too :(.

As for Mason being your last remember how very young you and Al still are... I know you don't want any more now... but you're still going to be fertile for another 15 years sweetie and 15 years is a long long LONG time and LOTS can change.

HUGS

Julie

Julie Q said...

You are doing great Lisa! :) And no worries about any formula. My first three were only fed formula and they are all very smart, very good people. That are also very close to me.

When it gets to be frustrating, that is a good time to let go. I became Zachary's pacifier and that was when I let go. ;)

Good luck! I hope it goes smoothley for you.

Anonymous said...

((((hugs))))
I love you friend!

I'm so happy (read the other posts) that it seems to be going well. I'm sorry that you're having a rough time right now. I want to say "It will get better"....but as I'm still sitting in the dark rooms of depression, I can't right now.

But I'm told it does get better. ;)

(((hugs))))
-Jes