CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 24, 2005

Blogables.

Kattie's party went really well. It was so wonderful to see all these little girls practically knocking each other over to come and greet my little girl when we arrived!! And to see her laughing and playing. I was always worried(for no apparant reason) that she wouldn't make friends at school. But that is SO not the case.
I was the one out of place at the party. We're so used to family parties I guess. I was the only mom that stayed with Jenna. And of course, I didn't realize it until I had taken off my coat. And of course, it was the first time I left Mason with Al during the day...so I didn't even have him there to make myself look busy with!! Oh well. I survived, and now I know for next time.

Aidan is sick :( He was up off and on for about 4 hours last night throwing up :( he's such a trooper though, and just went with the flow everytime he threw up. He even told Al and I to go sit on the couch when we put him back in his bed once! I guess he'd had enough of us fussing over him LOL. Can i just say, I am SO grateful for a plastic firetruck bed!! It's SO much easier to clean!!! And can I also say how grateful I am to my husband!? He laid with Aidan on the couch until about 2AM. And then got up at 6 to go to work like always. Just so I could sleep. I am SO in love with him. Aidan seems to be okay now. Just a little fever.

I'm not sure what I did, but Aidan keeps coming up to me and saying "Oh mommy, I'm so proud of you!!" I'm happy I can meet his expectations...but I'd like to know what wonderful thing I have accomplished!

Today is my friend Karen's big 3-0!!! I filled her car with 28 balloons last night(I did get 30, but Jenna and Aidan claimed two :)) You should have seen me, 10:00 at night, in my jammies, in the rain, reaching through the hatch at the back of her Honda Civic trying to get the balloons into the front seat! hilarious!! She was SO surprised :) And, since her other friends didn't do anything to celebrate her birthday, and she was feeling pretty bummed about it, I think, and hope, it cheered her up :) I had to get her back for my surprise party last year!!

Well, I know when I started out writing this that I had more to blog about, but I seem to have forgotten them, and now my BOOligans (HAHA! That's for you Julie!!) are screeching at me for attention.

have a great evening!!

~Lisa~

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so glad Jenna had a great time. I'm like you - a little afraid that my kid won't make friends - but it seems he's ok, although he's only mentioned 2 kids in his class, and one of them is a kid he definitely doesn't get along with.....
Way to go on surprising Karen for her big 3-0!
I hope Aidan is feeling better!

Julie Q said...

What a fun friend you are! The balloons must have made your friend smile. :) It is always nice to be remembered.

I must admit, I would have stayed at a party with a child that age as well. I didn't let my 6 year old go to a sleep over either. I didn't know the family at all.

Sorry to hear Aidan is sick. :(