Such as Peanut Butter cookies.
In my infinite Mom wisdom, I prepared a double batch of cookie dough before Mason was born. And froze half. In my mind I figured, "I'll look like supermom, bake the premade cookies just before the guests arrive, and they'll be amazed! Pure Genius!!" sure. in theory.
If you're not me.
Twice now, I have had company coming. Twice now I attempted this master cookie plan of mine. Twice now I have not had time to bake the cookies until my guests have left. And twice now, I have over-cooked every last cookie!
I thought I might have improved my chances with the last batch today, but no. I put the cookies back into the oven "Just for a minute" since they weren't quite done.
uh huh. 4 minutes later, they were over-cooked. UGH!
I give up. Apparently, I need the measuring and mixing and mess to remind me that there are cookies in the oven.
~Lisa~
Friday, October 28, 2005
Some things are meant to be done the hard way.
Posted by MamaTink at 1:03 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hate when that happens. I think just one more minute and they will be perfect! Yeah right! ;)
I have learned to smell when they are done. It gets easier when your little ones aren't so little and you can stay closer to the stove and keep an eye on them. And a nose on them as well. :)
Oh hon, I so hear ya!
lol thanks for the chuckle. :)
Jes
baking cookies....makes you a great mommy...mine all come in wrappers from the supermarket!
Post a Comment