The Newest 2 year old :)
Telling us he's TWO!!
He did his candles on his own :) Two blows for each one.
Well, we had a pretty low key day yesterday for Aidan's second birthday. I have some kind of cold/flu/sickness, so I wasn't up to much of anything. I feel so bad about that. But, I'll do my best to make up for it at his party next weekend.
Aidan was so cute. He woke up and when I went into his room to get him I said "Happy Birthday Aidan!!!" He goes "Thanks!!! Is there Birthday Cake?" and then "Mmmm Birthday Cake...ALL DAY..." LMBO Nice try son.
I made him a little cake, and we gave him a couple gifts and that was about it for his birthday.
My mom is coming on Wednesday to help me with his firetruck cake. I'm SOOO Excited about that! Except that my SIL and her baby are coming too. Don't get me wrong, I do like her. I was just hoping for a day with my Mom, ya know? And I don't quite understand why she Still can't stay home alone with Damion?? She goes to work with my family(mom, George and Brian all work in the same place) every day. Weird. Whatever, this post is about Aidan.
I'll attempt his birth story...
Because of my c-section with Jenna, my doctor wanted to do another c-section. But I was adamant that I wanted to know if my body could do it on it's own this time around. He agreed and that was that. We went 9 days overdue before going in to be induced. Luckily, all they had to do was break my water, and my labour started. And then the walking started. and the walking and the walking and the walking. We got to the hospital at 7:30, the walking began at about 8. The nurses chased me out of my room everytime I tried to sit or lay down. WALK they said. So we walked. One nurse told me I must have had a lot of water, as she could see my belly size really going down. Looking back, I am pretty sure that I probably just lost about 5 pounds from all that damn walking. I finally refused to take another step out of my room at about 7pm. That's right. I walked for 11 hours. I continues to walk around my room for awhile. Doc checked me at 8:30ish. I was 5, almost 6 centimeters!!!! I wanted to jump for joy. I only got to 4 cm with Jenna after 12 hours. I had one of those classic only on TV labour moments. I grabbed Al's shirt and said to him "You need to get me that Epidural RIGHT NOW!!!" He found the nurse, and the epi-man YAY. So, the labour continues. I laid in bed, watched TV. the contractions were coming every couple of minutes when the doctor checked me at 10:30. I still had so much pain in my crotch it was unbelievable!! I was still 5, almost 6 cm's. I was so devestated. And SO exhausted by this time. So, they gave me the option of pitocin, or a section. I couldn't decide. Pitocin meant stronger contration, probably another couple hours of labour, and an increased chance of rupture, and pushing. The c-section meant 6 weeks of recovery. I hated to make the decision. Dr. Moreau left me to think and Al and I talked it over. I decided that I didn't think I would have enough strength left after another couple hours of labour to push. So, c-section it was.
They wheeled me into the OR and I pretty much slept through everything!! Al kept telling me to wake up! lol
He came out peeing, but so quiet. I really thought there was something wrong. But then he let out this cry that melted my heart :) He was a big boy, 8lbs 11oz and 22 1/2 inches long!! And just SO perfect!! nice round head, perfect creamy skin. So handsome.
I was SO relieved to have chosen a section when I heard of the distress Aidan was in. The cord was around his neck TWICE, and he had already passed some meconium :( No way would I have been able to push him out.
When we were in the recovery room, one of the nurses said that Al was bringing our son to see me. That struck me as soooo funny. For 2 years and 5 months i had been saying daughter...and now I had a SON!! Everyone laughed at me when i said it out loud :)
So, that's how Aidan Alvin Joseph McAlendin came to be.
and he's the Funniest most delightful boy I have ever met :)
~Lisa~

Monday, November 07, 2005
Aidan's (Belated) Birthday
Posted by MamaTink at 8:28 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Can't wait to see pictures of the firetruck cake, it sounds cute. :)
Happy Birthday Aidan!! :) He's a keeper Lisa. :) Very cute.
Oops! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I hope you are doing better by Wednesday.
Happy B'day Aidan!
Great pics & enjoy that firetruck cake (hope you feel better soon Lisa!)
Shauna (murgatr)
dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02
he's a gorgeous, funny and extremely bright little boy! Happy Birthday Aidan - I enjoyed reading that birth story! I want to see that firetruck cake too - sounds interesting!
Hope you're feeling better Lisa!
Post a Comment