I'll probably be away from blogging for a few days. I know, I know...it's my responsibility to update EVERY DAY...but alas...the time has come for me to have company, limiting my bloggable hours to nil.
My MIL and FIL are coming for the weekend. This is a pretty big occasion for us. They have never been in our home at the same time. Dale(MIL) came down once for the funeral of her Aunt. Charlie stopped in once on his way through our city for work. They didn't come the Christmas we invited everyone down after having Aidan. that broke my heart...I was hoping they would come to meet their grandson, but they begged off...and we never really found out why.
They promised they would come in September, after Mason was born. But never came, and never came, and never came. i had honestly given up hope that they were coming to visit. BUT! They are actually coming here, this very weekend. they'll be here soon.
Not only are they meeting Mason earlier than they ever met Jenna or Aidan, but they are finally coming for one of our kids birthday parties. I'm SO happy about that....despite the pressure! LOL
Don't get me wrong. I Love my mother-in-law. We get along well, laugh at the same things, shake our head at disbelief over the same member of the family. I completely disagree with how she raised her children. But, she makes a much better grandmother than mother, and I applaud her for that.
My father-in-law is the kind of person who should be about 782 years old, for the tales he tells, but he's funny. He tries hard. And he makes Dale happy.
Anyway...they're coming today, Aidan's party is tomorrow, my Dad and Step-mom are staying over Saturday night to help lay the (FREE!!) laminate floor they got us for Jenna's room, and the in-laws are here until Monday...like I said, seriously cutting into my bloggable hours.
I'll do my best to post some pictures of Aidan's party....but please don't hold your breath...I'd hate to feel responsible for any injuries that may cause :)
I'll miss you all, my faithful...albeit few...followers :)
~Lisa~
Friday, November 11, 2005
My appologies to you Helen...
Posted by MamaTink at 2:43 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope Aidan's party went well Lisa. I look forward to seeing pictures of his party and his cake. :)
I'll let you off.....but honestly, how selfish can some in laws be> DO they not know we are here waiting?
Post a Comment