CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Someone come and kick my ass okay??

I really need to get it together. My mom is going to be here tomorrow. And Al's mom and step-father are coming from Timmins(7 hours away) for the weekend. Aidan's party is Saturday. My Dad and step mom are staying over Saturday night so they can help us lay the laminate floor in Jenna's room on Sunday.

And what did I do to get my house in order today. NADA...NOTHING...ZIP...ZILCH. Ugh. I am so annoyed with myself. Well, actually, I moved some things around in the baby's room...which no one is going to be looking at, and the baby still doesn't sleep in...don't ask.

Granted, I still feel like a great big pile-o-poop...but I really have no choice in this process. it HAS to be done.

I think my biggest problem is that I don't know where to start. I'd LOVE to just get a great big garbage bag and toss it all in. If only I had the will power.

So anyway, if anyone wants to come and give me heck for being so stinkin' lazy, and kink my butt into gear, that'd be GRRRREAT!

~Lisa~ who is hanging her head in shame.

5 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

baby steps love.. baby steps. Start with one corner of one room and give yourself a time limit of no more than 10 minutes... if that's all you get done that'll be plenty... if you feel like doing more once you get started (which is always what happens to me) then go right ahead but only a little at a time.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, Lisa. It's not a big deal if you didn't get things done that you wanted to (trust me, I'm the world champion procrastinator :)

Remember, Tomorrow is another day....so you can kick butt then!

Shauna

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

Julie Q said...

I'm so bad at doing that very same thing when company is coming. Then I rush and stay up late to finish. And I kick myself for not doing it sooner.

Remember they are coming to see you and your family. Not your house. :)

Jenn said...

you can do what I do - Put it all in a big bag and hide it.....

forget about the bag for a few weeks.

put the bag down in the basement.

2 years later drag the bag upstairs and find out what you really need to keep (maybe 1 or 2 things) and pitch the rest.

I currently have lots of bags (bins actually) residing in the basement waiting to be thrown out....someday....

you are entitled to have a day now and then to do nothing. In fact I think we need that at least once a week to keep our sanity.

The other me said...

It's so frustrating when you can't just start and keep going til you finish....I hate having to stop 1/2 way through so I end up not starting at all....hey what about if you don't do anything and when they are due, pull even more out, plug the vacuum in and leave it in the middle of the room and make out you were half way through a massive clearout when the baby stopped you!