CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Opps!!

Ugh. I broke a plate. In the most ridiculous way!

First of all, our electric Kettle bit the bullet a couple days ago. So, we've had to revert to the pioneer way, by boiling water in a kettle on the stove *Gasp!* not a huge deal really. Unless you're a dunce like me apparently.

I turned on the wrong burner. On top of it, waiting to be washed, was a cookie sheet, on top of which was a dinner plate. A green one. I like the green ones a lot :( When I realized what the smokey smell was coming from, I foolishly put on an oven mit(Okay, well that was actually about the smartest thing I've done all day) and attempted to move the cookie sheet off the red hot burner(that's the foolish part). Instead of letting everything cool down on it's own. In the process the plate broke in two :(

darnit! I LOVE my dishes SO much, but they are slowly dwindling down. We've got 6 dinner plates, 7 small plates, 4 bowls, and I think 5 mugs left, from two sets of four originally. I love the earthy colours, a golden/mustardy yellow, a sage green, a burgandy and a purple(which I always wish is blue.) We got them at Costco over 2 years ago, so the chance of replacing the missing pieces is uh....NONE. WAH!!

Darn me and my absent-mindedness.

~Lisa~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate when that happens. Try www.replacements.com - if it is a well-known manufacturer they might have some left to order (pricey but maybe worth it if you like them a lot)

HTH & Good Luck!

Shauna (murgatr)

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Love the new Bio piC!!! Gotta say I'm partial to my 365 IKEA dishes which have lasted me for 7 years now and still only have 2 chipped plates (which nasty me I continue to use)...

Course they are a very very dull plain white not a pretty green or lilac like yours...

Anonymous said...

Oh I SO heawr you! I've done stuff like that TOO often! lol

-Jes

Julie Q said...

I broke a pizza stone trying to cool it one time. I've switched to good metal pans since.

Sorry about the plate though Lisa. I hate when pieces of a set start to break. I am glad you did think to put an oven mit on. It's good you didn't burn yourself on top of breaking the plate.