I was sneaking a couple of smarties from the box I confiscated from Jenna at Aidan's birthday party(with the intention of giving them back later...but I forgot :)) And I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the china cabinet glass.
I was struck by something. My very first thought was, "what a pretty face". I found myself taking a moment to study the 1/4 of my face that was staring back at me. I like my eyes, always have. They have a nice shape, and are a great blue. Although, I have noticed that as I get older, I get less and less compliments on them. Perhaps from my constant desire to sink into the background of self-consciousness.
I also noted that the shape my face takes from my temple to just below my cheekbone isn't that bad. Not as chubby as I always imagined. But then, I couldn't see my cheeks :)
My skin is blessedly clear too. And in the right light(In this case from a $14.97 floor lamp from Wal-Mart) is a nice smooth creamy colour.
Perhaps it's time to stop shrinking away from strangers rare glances my way. Time to live a little more freely. Time to be aware that not Everyone is staring at my weird shaped nose, or my "Yes, I've had three babies, one recently" pooch. Time to face forward.
Perhaps. But not likely.
~Lisa~
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
For the briefest of moments...
Posted by MamaTink at 9:41 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lisa you ARE pretty. And not just on the outside - you are beautiful both physically, AND on the inside. You give to people, and encourage people, and that makes you even more beautiful.
I have always thought you are beautiful.. and quite frankly if I had your body I'd be parading around in a bikini most days!!!
Hugs
Julie
(oh yeah you're gorgeous on the inside too.. but I'd still prefer to have your outsides)
you're gorgeous. I know sometimes it is hard to see that in yourself though.
I shall run and look in the mirror and hope I see beauty of some sort shining back at me!
((HUGSNSTUFF))
Post a Comment