Sometimes, all you can do is shake your head, smile, maybe even give a little chuckle, and move on with life. Let me explain.
After getting my kitchen cleaned up from the near fire, I could still smell smoke, so I decided to wash the curtains. I get them washed, dried, and re-hung. Only to discover THEY SHRANK!! By a good thre inches!! Lordy...windows are not meant to wear capris. I made the curtains my self, from a table cloth(Which apparently I should have washed BEFORE sewing), so now all I can do is hope that I have enough material to make them into Tab Panel curtains, so the gap is at the top of the window, and hopefully looks deliberate! Like I said, sometimes all you can do is shake your head.
Jenna is sick again. She has a real congested sounding cough, runny nose, and until I made Mac N Cheese, no appetite. I took her to the clinic this morning and after waiting there 2 hours, I was told it's probably just a head cold, and I have to let it run it's course for a week. Let me tell you how much I love my boss. A LOT. When I called to tell her I couldn't come today, she offered to meet me at the clinic so that she could watch the boys for me, while I waited with Jenna. And she wouldn't take no for an answer!!! She has a DVD player in her van, so Henry and Aidan just watched a couple shows and hung out together, and Mason slept in his car seat the whole time. How lucky am I to have such a caring, giving boss. I really need to find a kick ass Christmas gift for them. I am SO grateful.
My kids are going through a weird(for them) stage. I can't make anything remotely different for dinner, or they won't eat it!! For example, don't dare add meat and vegetables o macaroni and Cheese. NO! Vile!! And don't make cheesy rice(It was hamburger helper, can't remember the name of it) NO! We want PLAIN rice! WHITE rice!! I made white rice the next night, and Jenna had to helpings! UGH! It wouldn't be so bad, if both kids weren't both going through it at the same time. Little hooligans.
Aidan is being so funny and cute lately...well, not that he isn't always :) I was changing his diaper the other day, and he was standing, instead of laying down, like usual. he looks down and says "OH! My pemis!!"(Yes, with the M) I said, "Yep, there it is" and he gets all sad and says to me "Oh NO! It fall down" LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's one of those stories that he would die over if he knew I had told anyone hehehe...one to hang on to for the girlfriend years :) He's also become a champion begger. "Candy please Mummy? Please please please please pleeeeeeeeease????" While jumping up and down and looking cute. Little Bum! He's also started to say "Thank you Very Much" when he gets something. I swear, I beam with joy every time he opens his mouth.
Mason is about thisclose to laughing I think! he did it in his sleep the other day, and hasn't done it since, but I know it's in there!! I can't wait!!!! I can't believe that he's going to be 3 months old in a week. No freakin' fair dude. It seems like sometiimes he's been here forever, and sometimes like he's only been here a week. Babies amaze me.
So, for one last update, I weighed myself at Jenny's on Tuesday. When I left there the week before having Mason I was about 196...when I weighed on Tuesday(Drumroll please....) 157.5!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!!! And I haven't done a darned thing to lose it. Well, except breastfeeding. Jenny and I agreed that if I breastfeed for 2 years then I should be back to what I weighed in the beginning of college! LMAO riiiight. I think it's time to start working out. HAHA
Okay, so that's all.
Have a great day.
~Lisa~
Thursday, November 17, 2005
Shaking my head. and updating.
Posted by MamaTink at 4:56 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you sound so GOOD in this post! Funny about the curtains..oh well..I bet they'll look great as tab tops! I love baby laughs.....the first ones are just the best!
My 13 year old still hates when I try something new for dinner.
Woo hoo on the weight loss Lisa, that is great! :)
Sorry to hear Jenna isn't feeling well. :(
You have a great boss. She sounds so nice. And too cute Mason is about to laugh. I do miss the baby stages. Ah, still thinking someday....grandchildren. ;)
Post a Comment