CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 12, 2007

And the day just keeps getting worse.

So, my headache has turned into a mini-migraine. And that's just the start! (In case this doesn't seem like the start...it's not, see the post below this one!!)

Let me give you a brief background...

On Friday Morning, K dropped L off so I could walk him to school. No biggie, we do this all the time. Difference this time is that Thursday I had spent a good part of the day switching the boy's dressers, and getting Aidan's fish tank clean. So, now Aidan has the nicer but lower dresser, thus allowing much easier access to the fish tank. I thought it would be okay, he's a fairly responsible 3 year old. On his own he is apparently. Put him with L and it's a completely different story. The boys asked to play in Aidan's room. No problem. About 15 minutes later Jenna starts screeching like a banshee. All I could decipher on my way up the stairs was "Boys"!!"Fish"!!"Toys"!! Oh man. So, Aidan had thrown in some toys. Not a huge deal. I had a chat about it with the boys, and then proceeded to scoop out the toys. And that's what I noticed that there was quite a bit of fish flakes floating around. Hmm...I knew I didn't feed the fish that much...hmmm..."Boys...." Neither of them had done it of course. Turned out to be L...He thought the fish looked Hungry. hmmm. No, the fish was NOT hungry! I will never admit to being the best fish mommy, but this had been the one day that week that I had remembered to feed the stupid thing! He wasn't hungry!!!! Oh well. I spoke to L about it, K spoke to L about it, all is good and fine.
Until I realize yesterday that L fed the ENTIRE jar of fish food to the fish!!! And it STINKS! Because it is rotting, and wet and OH MY GOD!!
So, I make it mission today to clean the poor fish's tank. UGH. Black water. 5 pails of it!! I'm filling my last pail with this handy dandy water syphon thingy, and realize that it's too quiet downstairs. So, I run down. And see Mason spreading cheezies all over the living room!! As I was vacuuming up That mess, and writing this blog entry in my head it dawned on me. OH MY GOD!!! The fish tank!!! Oh yes. The bucket was over-flowing, all of the carpet, under the dresser, through the mesh hamper of clean sheets I had just washed and dried this morning. I bet there's a couple gallons of water on the floor :(
And to top it all off, when I raced over to K's house to get her carpet cleaner, my shoe fell off in the snow! And K has a dog. So while I am down on the floor soaking up fish water, all I can smell is wet rotten dog water and wet rotten fish water.
No wonder I have a mini-migraine. No wonder.
~Lisa~

2 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I'm emailing you something to make you smile.

you poor poor poor Mommy!!!

Hugs
Hugs
Hugs

Julie Q said...

Oh Lisa, that is just a bad day! My goodness!

I hope you are feeling better. And yes, that would bump a headache up to migraine status.