Mason got his hair cut today. I can't really say I love it. I don't. I miss his curls sooo much more than I really thought I would. But it was so messy, and that lady asked if he was a girl, so I guess it was time. I'm just sad I guess. He looks like a completely different boy. Not as soft anymore. I'm sure that doesn't make sense. But before, he just had this look about him that made smiling at him impossible to fight. Maybe it was that cheruby feel he had about him, with the cheeks, and the curls. I just miss them. I hate to admit it, I'm such a sap, but I'm totally crying. How stupid is that?! It's just hair! Maybe this is one of those last baby, empty nest things? I don't know. I just have to get used to it. He just looks so different. I hardly recognize him. Thanks though Julie for recommending First Choice. It was indeed free, and the girl was very patient with him. So, without further ado, pictures...
Exhibit A...BEFORE(Mad Scientist)
Exhibit B...BEFORE(Curls)
Exhibit C...AFTER(Different)
4 comments:
Oh my goodness! So cute Lisa. I feel your pain though honey. It is so hard to let go of baby things.
I think he looks good though. And no one would ask if he were a girl now. I never liked when people would ask that either. Especially if my boys were dressed like boys.
He's such a handsome little boy... he's still gorgeous and always will be with those cheeks ;)
I am a big hard mum of boys.. i LOVE short boy hair, he looks gorgeous. Lovely boy! Helen.
I can so feel your pain. Gabriel had his first haircut earlier in the month and I could have written your exact blog, right down to the crying. I don't know why, but I still get sappy thinking about it. I suppose it has something (okay, a lot) to do with Gabriel being (likely) my last baby. Seeing him grow up is even more heartwrenching than it was watching Ana.
Jackie (benjackand2)
PS Gabriel cried too!
Post a Comment