CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Doing pretty good...most days :)

So, I am pretty sure that the plan is working. My pants seem a little looser this morning, and I'm just feeling lighter in general :) It's amazing to me to see how little food I really need to get through the day. I have however noticed an increase in headaches that I am not too sure how to explain? maybe just weather related? I don't know. I had an AWFUL one yesterday, pretty much bordered on Migrane, but I took a handful of drugs(Just kidding) and it went away after awhile. Any thoughts?

I've only had two days where I went over points. One was Al's birthday, where my points total was 58 (YIKES!! BAD LISA!!) We went out for Wings for his birthday. And then on Sunday whaen we went to my Mom's for dinner. I did not too bad with the dinner, kept my portions small, and my salad big. But then she brought out the cheesecake and I was toast. Total for that day was 36.5. But, every other day has been pretty great. I figure, once I learn how to diversify my menu a little more, and get used to what to eat when, I'll be able to stop counting points, and just focus on being a healthier me.
Poor Jenna, she fell at school during lunch today and scraped up her knee something awful. The school called me and asked if I would go see her. So, I packed up the boys and down we went. I'm so glad we live so close to the school. It was a pretty bad scrape, but her teacher and I convinced her to stay for the rest of the day. hopefully she's not making Mrs. K miserable with her whining. I'm pretty sure that Mrs.K can handle it though :)
Mason has a lovely scrape on his nose. He decided to eat a little driveway when I picked him up from the babysitters on Friday :( Went down the stairs just fine, and then just seemed to tip over. It didn't seem like a bad fall, but once I got him up it looked terrible. Poor kid :( He's scraped from chin to forehead. I have a nasty feeling that he's going to be the one I sit in the ER with waiting for stitches and casts :) On the food front though, he's made some progress! He'll eat some things with a fork, his favourite food is peanut butter and jam sandwiches, AND! When we were at my Mom's he ate 1/4 of my cheesecake(Including a whole cherry!! BIG improvement!) and a date square! So, maybe not the healthiest foods, but still, there's fruit in them at least :) He also ate a good chunk of the cake I made for Al's birthday (Note to self, post pictures and link to awesome recipe!) It was a pumpkin cake...so yummy, and I don't even like pumpkin!!
Speaking of cake! JulieQ!! Al heard on the radio that we've had snow in April 65 out of the past 67 years! So it looks pretty good in favour of my getting some Chocolate cake pretty soon!
So that's pretty much the news from these parts. Hugs to all!
~Lisa~

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

I have been wanting that cake for a while now. I think if we don't get snow in April, I will make a no snow in April cake in May! ;)

Good for you on the points Lisa! I know I need to watch what I eat, but then I know that when Easter gets here, well.....;) Ugh!

When I had my miscarriage, I admit, I bought a size bigger jeans. And I love them! I am so bad. :( My size smaller still fit, but they are snug. I think I'm still comfort eating a little. Not like I was, but I do think I am.

Last year when I was watching what I ate, you suggested perhaps the lesser amount of sugar causing headaches? I don't know. I had headaches when I was watching my diet too.

MamaTink said...

Yeah, you know, the sugar thing makes sense! I wondered about salt too? I'm taking in a lot less salt than I was (No chips or popcorn at night anymore). I don't know if that would cause headaches or not. I'll have to find out.

I swear it's the water that's working the best for me. I just fill up a big bottle twice a day, and I know that I am getting enough. It also helps to curb hunger between meals/snacks.

LOVE the idea of the No snow in April cake!!! thanks!

Lisa