Yesterday was such a good day! My Mom and George came over to celebrate George's birthday which was on Thursday. I made my famous meatballs, rice and veggies for dinner. Mmmm...meatballs :) Actually, they are my sister-in-law's famous meatballs, but she gave me the recipe one day so now I can claim them as my own...especially since I put a couple shakes of worchestershire sauce in them, which she doesn't...so you see? I really HAVE made them my own :) Anyway, George Loves them :) I made a cute cake too, I wish I had had more time to work on the hammpock though...it came out a little lopsided and looking like a giant smiley face :) Oh well, It tasted good! That's what really counts right? Unfortunately though, I now have half a cake sitting in my kitchen, taunting me. ugh. Must. Resist. Cake. Must!
So, after my parents left, and we got the kids bathed and tucked into bed, Al suggested playing Yahtzee. Something he really only suggests when he wants Nookie. For some reason I guess he thinks playing games puts me in the mood :) But I played anyway, because I LOVE games, and Al doesn't really, so I always jump at the chance when he asks! The first game was okay, Al won, which was good for him, since lately I seem to be on a winning streak, which I am pretty sure is annoying. So then we start on the second game. Al couldn't roll anything decent to save his soul! I on the other hand...WOW! Awesome rolls! including TWO Yahtzee's! So we get to the end, and are adding up our points, when I realize that I never took my chance, and lost out on those points...so Al let me roll for them...and I got ANOTHER yahtzee!!!! I couldn't believe it! And I though Al was going to cry, which was hilarious :) My total points for that game were 497! Can you believe that?! Poor Al got 188 :) He didn't mind so much. The Nookie probably made up for it ;)
~Lisa~
3 comments:
Love your cake!!! Glad to see you were both riding a lucky streak last night ROFLMAO.. oh I SLAY me!!!
The cake is cute Lisa! :)
Sounds like a good night for everybody. :)
Great looking cake - Happy Birthday George.
The kids love Yahtzee - but hate losing. 497 is a very impressive score you lucky thing you!
At least you shared the 'luck' ;)
jenn
Post a Comment