Last night I had on SuperNanny while reading my book. I caught a few moments of it here and there, but not much. Then Karen came over, and I was chatting with her in the kitchen, while Al was watching the show. Karen left, and I went back in just in time to see the parents and SuperNanny attempt to get the couple's 14 month old to go to sleep, on her own, in her crib. Hallelujah!! So, of course, they did the cry for 5 minutes, go in and soothe, and then cry for 10 minutes, then 15 etc. Exactly what I have been tell Al we should do!
So, true to himself, Mason woke up at about 2AM. And, to my surprise AL got up!! BUT! He waited, and let Mason cry for a couple minutes before going in. He laid him down, told him that it was time to go to sleep, and that he loved him, and then left the room. Mason cried and cried and cried. But we held firm, and stayed out until the 5 minutes were up, and Al went in again. Said the same things to him, and left again. And Mason cried. BUT! It was only for about 5 minutes (Felt like 20 though :)) And now, at 8:00, he is STILL sleeping IN HIS CRIB!!!! YAY! Can I get a woot woot!? LOL
I guess it took a professional to tell Al what needed to be done. even though I've told him a million times :) Like my Mom has said for years, even if it's the best idea you've ever had in your whole life, in order to get your husband to agree to it, you have to make him think it was HIS idea :) Crazy? Maybe. True? Oh Yes!!
~Lisa~
4 comments:
ha, so true! I can tell H the same thing a gazzillion times he won't hear it til he hears it on a radio show or reads it somewhere!
stupid double post.
Triple WOOT! Lisa that is great! :)
Post a Comment