CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thanks to my new good buddy Hakim!

I can see again!!



Mason broke my glasses last night. Did a nice little Karate chop on my nose, and snapped my glasses in half! I couldn't believe it! Well, I could I guess, I've had to had those frames replaced twice now, but always because they cracked on the frame where the arm is, never in the middle like that!


So, off we went to Wal-Mart where I bought them. Only to find out that the Optician was away last night. And the girl working there couldn't do anything! Not even try my lenses in another pair of frames. Why they were open still baffles and annoys me.


So, across the street to Precision Optical. They've helped me out before, so I had higher hopes for them. Unreasonable hopes I guess. The guy there told me that I had a very odd shaped lense, and that he didn't have anything that would work. When I asked about contacts, he said I would have to be re-fitted for them, and made it seem like that would be a big deal. But, he did suggest another place close by that we could try.


Which we did. Al and I were out of the car and had our hands on the back doors to release the kids, when the doors to the store were locked. No luck there. At least we hadn't unloaded all the kids before they locked the doors in out faces!


I was feeling pretty hopeless by this point. Figured I would have to wear my prescription sunglasses for work today. Not being able to see clearly at night, while driving, is Awful! Every light was fuzzy, and floating it seemed. And making me feel just terrible! I think I got a taste of vertigo, or something like it! I closed my eyes eventually and tried to get my headache to go away.


When I opened my eyes again, we were in front of the new Hakim Optical. Which was blessedly Open! However I was scared to go in. Last time we were in a Hakim was a few years ago and they wanted $600 for a pair of glasses! HA! I paid less than that for my Wedding Dress! So, Al went in, and returned a few minutes later. He said the girl inside was really nice, and had found a frame that nearly matched my lenses!! And that she might be able to help out with some contacts too! Hmm...could it be?! So, in I went, and the girl was SO nice!!! She fitted me for contacts, which took about TWO minutes. And then gave me a pair to try on, that were one higher strength from my prescription, since it was 4 years old, and I am a blind old bat :) Then we spent a little while looking for frames that would work with my lenses. We didn't find any, but the fact that she was at least willing to help was Such a nice change! And then, to top it all off, she gave me the contacts for FREE!!!!! I am totally going to be her new best friend :)


So that's the big story of How Lisa Got Her Eyesight Back.


The End.


~Lisa~

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

That is so nice Lisa! I think I would given up myself, but I don't wear glasses, so I don't really know that for sure. :)

I'm glad you can see clearly once again. :)

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hooray for Hakim!