CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

It's hard to not BE enough.

It's hard to realize, that after 4 years, and 11 months of marriage, that after two children (Almost 3!), that after much heartache, determination, and all the love a girl can muster...that you're just not enough.

Let me explain. I am 8 months pregnant. In a mere one month and 3 days, I will be having yet another baby. And that baby will be no peanut let me tell you. I have big babies. Therefore, I get big. I get uncomfortable. I can't sleep, I can't roll over, I can't get comfortable. Many of the things I normally enjoy become a chore for me. Going for walks with my children, sitting for too long, standing for too long. Sleeping on my back or tummy. And, of course, sex with my husband. It's this last one that is making my heart ache, and my eyes leak.

It seems like every night, he comes on to me, becomes suggestive, makes his intentions known. And every night that I don't agree...he turns to the computer.

I can be on the couch, whether sleeping or not, and he's on the computer, about 8 feet away from me. Looking at porn. I understand that it happens. I understand that it's his outlet, or whatever. What I don't think I understand is why it has to be every night.

Why can't he just UNDERSTAND? Why can't he just roll over in bed, and cuddle with me, or rub my back? Why does he feel the need to "Not be tired anymore" come downstairs and look at even more porn?

He does try to cover his tracks. I'll give him that much. He's chosen different search engines to look up his favourite stuff. Smart...but he didn't clear the history. Not even one time.

He let me fall asleep on the couch last night. I finally woke up at 11:25, stiff as hell. he had just gotten off the computer. I walked past him said "goodnight, I'm going to bed now" and off I went. He comes storming up after me demanding to know what my "Problem" is? Why couldn't I tell him??? Why couldn't I let him know how hurt this is making me? All I could say was that I was tired and wanted to go to sleep.

He left the room then, took his pillow and alarm clock. Then proceeded to stomp around. He did take out the garbage, so that was a nice change. Cleaned the cat's little box too. Hmm...feeling guilty?? When he finally returned, and demanded answers, I still couldn't say anything about it. The closest I could get was to tell him that he was paranoid...that nothing was wrong.

I guess I feel like it's my fault for denying him all the time. That I am being selfish, and what else is he supposed to do?

But it still hurts.

~Lisa~

2 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I have to warn you, I'm a bitch. I know you think I'm all friendly and nice and that I have this wonderful generous spirit and crap, but the plain unvarnished truth is that when it comes to people who hurt my family or friends, I'm a capital F Fucking B-i-t-c-h.

Now that we've gotten THAT out of the way....

I think it would be wise to invest in a net-nanny program which would block porn sites from your computer (should you need to subsidize this particular purchase I would be MORE than happy to xfer you the funds). When Al asks "WTF?" the next time he goes surfing, which of course he will, simply reply in the sweetest possible voice "Well Jenna will be using the computer soon so I thought it best to sanitize it.. you don't want her stumbling on porn sites and getting career ideas do you?"

Of course he will probably get defensive and might try to leave at this point. That is when it's best to point out to him "Oh Al... do try not to stay out too long... I'd hate to accidentally change the locks or let it slip to everyone we know that you walked out on your 8 months pregnant wife because you're a porn addict... that WOULD be a shame."

You don't deserve to be treated with that level of disrespect. He is being a selfish prick. Call him out on in.

Hugs

Julie

Jenn said...

Yeah, what Julie said.

Oh, and for the record - I was not allowed to have sex while pregnant (due to the cervical stitch) and Chris was VERY understanding, and not once did he turn to porn - so it CAN be done. Of course once I got the clear from the doctor - he was all over me like a fly on shit, but you get the idea! Also, it has taken me a full year AFTER Joey was born to get back to my full - um libido again. Hormones are stiill going through your body, and really, sex is the last thing on our minds after delivering a baby and then having a permanent milking machine attached to the front for the first little while.
I totally understand that feeling though - like you are denying them - but at the same time, they need to have a little understanding that you can't FORCE desire, and if it's not there, it's just not there, and looking at porn isn't going to make it come back any faster - in fact it makes them less desirable, because now you feel like crap in addition to having no sex drive. The least he could do is tell you that he understands and will wait until you are ready - I can guarantee that for him it wiill be worth it!
(((hugs)))
jenn