Why on EARTH would a pregnant woman tell another pregnant woman that she's "Huge" that "there's no small baby in a belly like that" that she "hardly looks pregnant next to a belly that big". Why!?
I try not to get too upset over the 'big' comments. they are bound to happen. I accept that. however...it's hard to hear about a dozen comments like that, over a one hour period, from someone else that is pregnant!!! I am hurt. I really am. And it's bugging me that I feel this way.
I came back with all of my usual comments "Well, I have done this a few times now, and the body remembers, and gets bigger faster" and "I don't exactly have 6 pound babies you know." Or just silence, while everyone else laughed.
When what I really wanted to say was, well, maybe if I smoked a million cigarettes a day I could have stunted my baby's growth too. And, maybe if I made my meals from chocolate and chips all the time, I would have had a small "perfect" belly too. Or perhaps I should have chosen to not eat like you did. Or maybe I should have lived on coffee as my main source of liquid intake...that might have helped HUH???
But NO. I chose to have the relatively healthy meals, evenly spaced out. I chose to have water, and juice. I chose to indulge in snacks rarely. I chose to try to grow a strong healthy baby.
All I can do now if pray that her baby does come out healthy. I pray for this, because I just KNOW that if, God Forbid, anything were to be wrong, I would feel SO insanely guilty for all of my thoughts.
Forgive me for taking it personally. And forgive me for thinking so badly of you. Whom I have know for 7 months.
~Lisa~
Friday, July 29, 2005
Posted by MamaTink at 11:33 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think you are beautiful!
I was biggest with Matthew and he was my smallest baby at 6lb 12oz. I ate the most JUNK with Joey and he was the biggest at 8.5lbs. I think it doesn't really matter how big the tummy gets - whats important is the baby inside. And to be quite honest, a full pg belly is more attractive to me then a little bump, that hardly looks pg. Pregnant women are so beautiful. Don't let anyone make you think you are anything but!
OMG woman have you not SEEN how gorgeous you are??? that belly is fantastic (not the least bit chunky and lopsided like mine was)...
She is young and foolish. I only hope that her actions and inactions have not already caused harm to her poor baby.
Hugs
Julie
With my 3rd, nobody knew I was pg. I showed up with this baby at school to pick up my daughter and people asked me whos baby it was. :( I wanted to show him off and they acted like he wasn't mine. So, enjoy your baby belly Lisa. :) And I saw the picture of you in Jaabee's blog. You have a lovely baby belly. :)
Julie
may she explode in the last 2 weeks and take 3 years to lose an ounce!
Ugh, people are just so stupid at times...I have seen your pictures and can only say you look fabulous.
Post a Comment