And it's been doing a lot of that the past couple days...it pours.
Poor Alvin's car. The alternator went on it last night. Well, at least that's what he thinks...but then informs me this morning that it may just be some negative ground wire whatchamacallit thingy. My words, not his.
We can get a new one from Canadian Tire for $300. Uh, OUCH!! But, let's all keep out fingers crossed, and hope that the $50, same day rebuild rumour is true at the place near where he works.
On the other hand, there is some goodish news. The bank approved us for getting a van. So, we go tomorrow night to sign the papers.
Now, with a third child on the way, and all our kids in car seats, we really had very little choice in upgrading to a bigger vehicle. Unfortunately, Al has become rather attached to the car dealer that found us our car, and gave us such a great deal on it. And unfortunately, the only van this guy could find us was a GMC Safari. I hate those vans. they are gigantic, and boxy, and just plain ugly :( I hate to be so superficial about the whole thing...but I wanted to trade my nice pretty green Malibu, for a nice pretty van. To carry around my nice pretty family. No such luck.
Oh well. At least we can fit the whole family in. And all our camping gear. And goodness knows what else.
Sigh...I hate the rain sometimes.
~Lisa~
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
When it rains...
Posted by MamaTink at 11:55 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Awww :( sometimes male brand loyalty SUCKS! I have the same problem with Gunther who drives an hour away to Mississauga to get his car serviced at the dealership where he bought it.. why oh why I do NOT know???
Hugs
Julie
Post a Comment