CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Adventures in shopping

First to the bank. No problems there, the kids were good as GOLD! phew.

Then to Home Hardware, to get the pencil case and lunch bag for Jenna that we'd seen in the flyer. Walk around the whole store, and finally talk to an employee before realizing, oh crap...they were in the Canadian Tire Flyer. UGH! Silently blame Alvin for showing a pregnant woman too many flyers in one morning.

So, on to Canadian Tire. Jenna has to pee...NOW. Of course she does. Why wouldn't she have told me BEFORE we left home. Race to CTC, with her singing songs and telling me fairy tales to keep her mind off things. Ahhh...we made it. After waiting 5 minutes with a dancing little girl for some lady to stink up the ONE bathroom in the place. Ugh.

We found the pencil case right away. Score!! Jenna is thrilled with her new Princess pencil case. Onto the lunch bag. around and around we go. OF COURSE the lunch bags are in the same aisle with the cleaning supplies. How foolish of me to have looked in housewares, and the cooler sections first! So, we get that paid for and I start thinking I should have pee'd when Jenna went.

Off to Tim's for a cookie treat since the kids are being so awesome for me!! 10 minute line up for the drive through, and $1.28 for 3 cookies.

Next stop WALMART! WooHoo, our favourite place. Only a few things left on the list and we'll be heading home for lunch. Not so bad, this day is going great (Did I mention it was just me and the kids? DH is off getting his fender fixed.)

My main objective is a baby monitor. Oh, and pads. The two things I really need before baby arrives.

So, we're walking, and I still have to pee. I get to the monitors and there's 4 to choose from. I made my selection. It seems to great, the sender can be attached onto the pack n play, or the car seat, or wherever. Too Cool!

Now Aidan is covered in chocolate chip goo. Open the wipes container, of course, it was empty. Blame Babysitter. Off to get some wipes. Thankfully, we needed new ones anyway.

Off to get the batteries forthe monitor.

And ouch. That nagging in my bladder has turned into ligament stretching pain. Fabulous. So, we head to the bathroom. Peeing does not help this time. I managed to grind my teeth through finding batteries, and selecting Pads (Why the hell are there so many options?!)

Get to he check out. OH YEAH! I wanted a phone card to take to the hospital, since it's too late to get Bell to send me a calling card, and according to Alvin, cheaper too. Add that to the cart. Grind teeth a little harder against this pain.

So, let's take stock here. I have a monitor, wipes, batteries, pads and a calling card.

Why the Hell is my bill $95.00??? I look, and my beloved monitor was $50 bucks!! whatever, I am WAY too cheap for that thank you very much.

Off to customer service. Sure enough, it's the right price. I can barely breathe through this damn stretching pain. but return the monitor, say to hell with choosing another one right now and we're on our way to the van.

I hate ligament pain. hate hate hate it. By the time we got home, I had to lay on the couch for 1/2 an hour trying not to let my kids see me crying :(

It's so annoying when such a great shopping trip had to be ruined by so much pain. blah.

~Lisa~

3 comments:

The other me said...

Monitors are the weirdest things aren't they, I have to wonder why so many of us spend so much on a contraption that enables us to hear the baby crying?
I remember that pain so well..and almost miss it now I know I will never feel it again, *sigh* Can't wait to hear about this baby's birth!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Awww :( at least the kids were good for you :) Which monitor was it? I confess I've only used mine about 3 times ... bad Mommy...

Hugs

Julie

MamaTink said...

That doesn't make you a bad Mommy!! I just like it because I am such a sound sleeper at times.

It was this one...http://www.thefirstyears.com/products/product.asp?pValue=3809

~Lisa~