CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 06, 2006

From Wee to Three!!

My little boy is three today. I find it rather hard to believe. It seems more like he should be turning 4 this year :) He's so smart, and so sweet, and sooo stubborn :)

I love his expressions...Particularily this one lately...


We call it his Scowly face. usually all I have to do is give him "the Look" and his scowly face turns into this...



I love this boy to bits you know. There's some kind of special bond between him and I. I just, understand him. I often wonder if it's my subconscious way of making up for his first year. I am pretty sure that I was suffering from PPD. I don't remember much of Aidan's first year. It hurts my heart so bad. But, I got past it. And we're all so much happier now :)

My birth experience for Aidan was so much different than Jenna's. I tried so hard for a VBAC. I got the hospital 9 days after his due date. they broke my water at 8, and then we began walking. And walking. And then we did some more walking. It was awful. I walked straight for about 8 hours. And then said to hell with what the nurses think/say(They kept kicking me out of my room to make me walk more). I walked and rested intermittantly for another 3 hours, but by 8:00pm was in too much pain, and too exhausted to take another step. And besides, Survivor was on :) So, more labour, more contractions, not much progress. I made it to 6cm. That was it. By 10:45 the doctor was offering a c-section, or Pitocin and 2 more hours of labour, plus pushing. I wisely choose the section, and pretty much slept through the whole thing. Aidan Alvin Joseph was born at 11:59(and 30 seconds!)PM One of the nurses asked if we wanted his birthday to be recorded as the 6th or 7th!

I couldn't get over how smooth, and round and Perfect he looked!!


And made everyone in recovery laugh SO hard when I was overwhelmed that we had a SON! I said to Al, "Wanna hear something WEIRD? This is our SON! Isn't that strange sounding?" Yeah, I was pretty tired :)

We had a 'Diego' party for him on Saturday. That was so much fun :) I hung green streamers from the ceiling like vines, and made a Baby Jaguar cake! (for any cake makers, I used the Wilton Animal Crackers cake pan, and just built up the ears with icing to make them pointy. It was by far the easiest cake I've done. And I was thrilled with it :) (so was Aidan :))

So, that's pretty much that. Aidan is three...unless you ask him, and then he will have a complete and total meltdown, demanding that is NOT three. He is TWO AND A HALF! :) Should be an interesting year.

Happy Birthday Aidan!!

~Lisa~
(I have more pictures to add, but blogger isn't putting them in ???)

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

Happy Birthday Aidan! :) I would have chosen the 6th too. :)

Blogger wouldn't let me add pictures from my computer last week, but I could from photo bucket. I should have resized them though. They posted a little big. :)

Julie Q said...

Oh and he's a cute 3 year old boy by the way. :)

The other me said...

Happy birthday big boy! He is so cute ! Eli does a great scowl too.