CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Worried about Aidan...

When we were getting our stuff together to leave Julie's last night, I noticed that Aidan really wasn't acting himself. And was looking a little flushed. We did the trusty hand to the head check and sure enough, he felt pretty warm. So Al gave him a dose of Motrin, and away we went.

I went to bed a few minutes after we got home and about an hour later, heard him crying. Al said he was having bad dreams. So I went back to bed and let Al deal with it. At 1:30, Aidan was crying again. I went in, rubbed his back and he fell back asleep. But at 2:00 he was crying yet again, so I brought him into bed with he. He couldn't get comfortable, wouldn't settle, wouldn't fall asleep. I got him a drink, and that seemed to help a bit. I probably should have given him more Motrin :( Not sure why I didn't :( At 4:00 he was throwing up the water :( He finally settled down to sleep after that when we put him back into his bed. But didn't sleep long :(

I went to my Grandma's today. She had surgery on her knees a couple weeks ago, so my Mom, Jenna and I went to set up her Christmas tree, and some other decorations...man, that woman has enough stuff for 5 trees and houses! But, more on that another time. We went to Wal-Mart after that to do some Christmas shopping and get something to eat. Jenna and I were gone all day :( I feel pretty awful about not being here for him, but I honestly didn't think he was that sick.

Al called me at Lunchtime to say that Aidan had thrown up a couple more times, and still had a fever. I offered to come home, but Al said no.

So, fast forward a bit, I get home, and Aidan is soooo flushed. His fever was hovering around 103*, and when Al gave him a popsicle, he wouldn't eat it. He said his tongue hurt. So, we looked at that, and it's coated with white stuff...looks a little like thrush to me, but I don't really know.

I just want my boy to get better. And I hope he and Al forgive me for not getting home to them sooner.

If you're a praying/thought giving kind, I think we could use them today. Thanks.

~Lisa and Aidan~

5 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh Lisa!!! ALL my prayers to you and Aidan today!!! If there is anything I can do???

Oh dear :(

Hugs
Hugs
Hugs

Julie

Julie Q said...

Aw, poor Aidan. I will say a prayer and keep him in my thoughts.

Don't feel bad. Easier said than done I know.

I hope he is feeling better soon.

Heather said...

You are in my prayers Lisa....perhaps a trip to the Clinic or Dr. is in order. I hope all is well.
Let him know his Auntie Heather is praying for him.

Hugs...

The other me said...

Poor little boy, sounds like he should see a DR, the white stuff could be thrush and if that is down his throat too he will be miserable, hope he gets better really fast.

Erin~Leigh said...

oh I really hope he feels better soon , it's so not fun being sick!