CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Update on the sickies!

But first a clarification! Al was at the ER with Aidan when I wrote my last post. I didn't realize until reading the comments that I forgot to put that part in!! I guess I was too upset :) Sorry! there's no way I would let my kids be that sick on not get it checked out :)

The ER doctor put Aidan on antibiotics, a high dose, he gets 9mL 3x/day! We'll get a call tonight or tomorrow if he does NOT have Scarlet fever and they want us to discontinue the meds. If he does have it, which I am pretty convinced of, we'll continue the meds for 7 more days. He also has a slight double ear infection. But I'm pretty sure that'll be knocked out of him pretty quickly with that much medicine going into him :)

He's back to himself for the most part. Finally running around and telling silly stories again.

Jenna has pink-eye. Poor kid was SO mad at me this morning when I told her she coudn't go to school today. I went and picked up her report card though. What an awesome improvement from last year! All the checks were "At Expected level" except Math concepts and Beginning writing skills. So, I'll find out what Math they are vworking on, an get her writing in her notbook some more, and hopefully she'll be set :) I am SO proud of her this year! I just hope that her love of school continues.

Mason is still fighing a cold. It seems to come and go, but I think it's getting better.

I finally got a full night's sleep last night...well, mostly, Al had me awake until 11:00...hopefully I can get to bed earlier tonight :)

Thank you all for your wonderfully supportive comments. I treasure each and every one of them.

~Lisa~

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Glad he is doing better Lisa. Nothing like good drugs! :)

Zachary is actually taking that much for his ear infection. Personally, I'd keep giving it to him whatever they say. My kids are rarely on antibiotics, so I've always figured it wouldn't hurt them. There have been too many times I took them in a day or two too early for tests to show up positive and then ended up back in the doctor's office.

Anyway, bummer on Jenna's pink eye. :( It's good she enjoys school and I'm betting she always will. It sounds like she is doing wonderful. :)

The other me said...

so glad he is getting better! Amazing how quickly they bounce back.