Here's a post dedicated to Jenna!!
She's had a very busy year. Well, more appropriately, a very busy couple of months!
She lost her first tooth on October 21st. It just came right out one morning when I gave it a little wiggle :)
She lost her Second tooth about 20 minutes before Aidan's party on Saturday!
But the even bigger news is all about school this year!! On October 31st she brought home not one, but TWO awards!!! One was an Award Of Merit! Presented to her in "recognition of contributions to the life of the school and personal efforts made in all areas of her school participation. Jenna displays excellent work habits, makes good choices and is a pleasure to teach! Congratulations Jenna! (the part in italics is what her teacher wrote! How awesome is that!?!? Makes me well up still :) This was an award that, had she been at school the previous Friday, she would have gotten at the Celebration of Learning assembly in front of the entire school :)
The next award was a "Gotcha". this is a little award that teachers can give to any student they see showing exemplary behaviour, responsibility, or character. Jenna got it for helping a new girl to the school. She saw her alone at recess, and played with her the whole time, showed her araound, and then helped her back to her classroom...without being asked!
Last week she came home with ANOTHER award!! This time it was a "Good Thinking" award, for finding all her vowels. I'm not really sure about this one...when I asked her, she said it was because she answered that "all the books in the library have vowels." I'm not sure...but really, who cares? My kid got an AWARD! WOOHOO!
Yesterday she came home with yet another Gotcha! For "Being a great Helper". She brought Mrs. K. all her supplies apparently, and helped her do some writing.
I swear, every time I pick her up from school my head swells a little more, and my chest puffs out bigger and bigger. Her teacher is constantly going on about what a great kid she is, and how incredible she's doing. What a great leader she is for the class, and how polite she is too :)
I loooooove this teacher :) LOVE HER!! unfortunately, and I am not sure how to prepare Jenna for this, Mrs.K is leaving Jenna's class in December. She's only covering a Mat. leave. From what I have heard, the teacher she is covering for, is nowhere near as awesome as Mrs.K. I wanted to cry when I heard she was leaving. I wonder is writing a letter to the principal will do any good? D'ya think? I told Mrs.K to throw some punches for teaching grade one next year :) Yeah, I love her :)
So, there's my over-whelming, 'my kid is a genius' post of the day :) I'm so proud :D
~Lisa~
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Incase anyone thinks I have forgotten about my other children...
Posted by MamaTink at 2:34 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is wonderful Lisa. And the teacher sounds wonderful too. So sad that she is leaving.
Perhaps during the change of teachers they will both be in the class for a while? They did that last year when Zachary's teacher was going on maternity leave.
Jenna has beautiful eyes. :)
Yay, yay, yay!
It's always so good to hear that your children are exempliary (spelling is wrong, I know! :)). Shows what a wonderful parent you are :)
Post a Comment