CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Parent-Teacher Conference

We met with Jenna's teacher (the one I am secretly a little bit in love with) last night. It went SO well!!

I love her teacher style, I love how she's realized that she needs to lay off in some areas, and crack the whip in others. I love that she's laying a lot of groundwork that will prepare these children for later grades. Even though 'they' say she doesn't have to yet. But like she said last night...if someone doesn't teach them the steps now, when it's time for the testing, they are going to be like little fish out of water.

But the best part of last night was when she described Jenna. Mrs. K went on and on about Jenna's ability to Learn! She said some kids are very teachable, once you find the right way to go about it. Some kids take some work, and some kids just have a natural talent for learning. They are able to look at the beginning and the end, and figure out what the middle would be. That's how she described my Jenna :D She said that Jenna is able to get her wheels turning to figure out what the solution Can't be, and she discards all the wrong answers until she is Sure of the right answer. She's become quite the leader in her class. And the other children have come to know that they can go to Jenna for help with the answers. I swear, my head swelled about 3x it's normal size :)

She said that Jenna is still missing her old classroom. But that's pretty understandable. There was a lot of playing last year. There are a lot of cool toys in the other kindergarten classroom. And her best friend is in that class. Mrs. K pointed out that there is Still a lot of play in the other classroom, and that the kids in her class can hear this through the folding wall(It opens to create a bigger classroom). I can understand why Jenna would want to go back...who wants to do work when you can hear your neighbours having lots of fun?

I made sure that Mrs.K knew that we were Thrilled with her teaching style, and the way that she focuses on Education. I told her that She knows what the kids in her class need, and if it was more play time, that's what she would be giving them, but it's not, all the kids in her class are striving and it shows. I told her that Jenna is there to learn, and to grow a love of learning, and I felt she didn't get that last year. I told her that we had seen a Huge improvement in Jenna this year, and that we wouldn't want to change that for anything. Her response was a very knowing look, and a thank-you.

I'll be writing a letter to our principal today. I really feel the need to tell her how thrilled we are with this teacher.

~Lisa~

2 comments:

The other me said...

It makes all the difference when your kids get a teacher that really understands what it's all about, Jenna sounds great and so does this teacher!

Julie Q said...

I saw your post on BZ Lisa. Have to totally agree with Jenn there. :)

But I do agree about putting in a good word for her in the district. :)

And it sounds like Jenna is doing wonderful.