Well, today is the day. My brother is going to become a father. Seems SO weird. Philicia's water levels are low, so they are inducing her this morning. I am so scared for them.
This baby hasn't had the best of care so far. IMO. Philicia is a smoker, and has Really lousy eating habits. I'm so worried that the baby is going to be seriously under weight(Dr. predicts a very small 6lbs) and I'm worried that he/she will be sent to the NICU because of a Nicotine dependancy. I can't imagine being 18, and 22 and having to see your baby come off an addiction. And it kills me to know that these things could have been prevented.
I am hoping and praying for the best for them. For an easy labour and delivery, and for a perfect healthy baby. But I can't help being sick with worry until my phone rings with the news.
On a happier(?) note. Jenna's first day of school is tomorrow!!! She's pretty much all set to go. We just have to take a quick walk up to the dollar store to get a permanent marker so I can write her name on her things :)
Her meet and greet with the teacher went well last week. We were walking across the parking lot, and she said to me "When I get inside you can leave mom. My teacher will watch me." ACK!! Are you kidding me!? Where are her nerves? Her tears? Her fears?? LOL Actually, I would MUCH rather her be super excited about staying at school. Hopefully it will make it a lot easier on ME when she walks through those doors, and I don't see her for another 6 1/2 hours.
I still can't believe I am old enough to be the mommy of a kindergartener!! I can't believe that my sweet sweet girl is already old enough to be going to school.
What happened to my little girl that used to eat cheerios with her hands? What happened to the girl that used to coo in her sleep? Where's the kid that used to scribble on paper, and call it Mommy?
She's a school-ager now. Not a baby, not a toddler, not a pre-schooler. A real, full fledged Kindergartener.
The years are going to go sooo much faster now. September to June. 9 months. That's how long our years are going to be for the next 14 years. No more of this 12 month stuff. Nope. Not for our school-ager :(
I just can't believe it's here already. But I AM really excited for her too! I know how good this is going to be for her. I'm excited about the school work I'll get to help with. I'm excited about the crafts she'll bring home. I look forward to school pictures, and meet the teacher nights. To plays and book fairs. To listening to my daughter chatter away about her day.
I just wish it hadn't gotten here so fast.
~Lisa~
Monday, September 12, 2005
Big Week around here!
Posted by MamaTink at 8:30 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awwww
Here's hoping all your fears are for naught today.
Have a great Day Jenna and Welcome to the World little baby :)
Hugs
Julie
Oh Lisa, I am right there with you as both my boys starts school this week!! It's a weird feeling isn't it - watching them go off to school - Jenna is the oldest, but when she walks through the door tomorrow, she will seem so small. You will have visions of her when she was Mason's age, and wondering where the last 4 years went by so fast!!
Good luck to your Bro and SIL - I hope the baby is born healthy and doesn't have to stay in NICU. Please update us here or on BZ whenever you find out!
Oh and congrats on your first week alone with all 3!
Way to go mom :)
Post a Comment