I MADE IT!! I survived my first week with three kids.
I survived a doctors office visit.
I survived a wasted trip to Value Village.
I survived a trip to Wal-Mart.
I survived the breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
I made healthy snacks.
I kept the rules.
I didn't throttle anyone.
I read stories.
I played cars.
I played Barbies.
I cuddled.
I didn't miss a minute of enjoying my children growing up.
Don't get me wrong. There were hard times too. This afternoon was pretty rough. Mason was awake for an unprecedented 3 hours, and wanted to eat for about 2 1/2 of those. Of course, this was right around the time I should have been making dinner. Ever breastfed a baby while trying to brown meat?! It was quite the feat for me! The living room looked like a tornado hit it, and the table was a mess of papers and crafts. But, we managed. Mason went for a nap at 7 finally (and is still, knock on wood, sleeping) so i managed to tidy some of the mess, and do two days worth of dishes ~:P before Al got home from work.
I finally got to put Aidan to bed for the night for the first time in two weeks tonight. How lovely it was to cuddle with my almost 2 year old and read a few stories. He smelled like such a little boy, and was so solid, and steady in my arms. I hope i always remember how my children felt when they sat on my lap. But I fear it's one of the many things that will be forgotten, replaced by memories of the now. Oh well, I'll enjoy these times while I can.
Jenna is doing a lot better. Staying in her bed. We resorted to locking the bathroom door that leads into our room, and putting the baby gate across our bedroom door. It didn't take long for her to stop getting out of bed. It hurt to do it though :( She's still being a little jealous of Mason. And a little too rough at times, but we;re working on it. I imagine once she starts school next week (SOB!!) things will change. It will be more about her than Mason...hopefully that will help.
I wore my pre-preg jeans yesterday. just around the house, since the extra belly fat I accumulated still spills over the top a little more than I am comfortable leaving the house with. But it was glorious to be able to wear them. Glorious!!
Okay, so that's the update around here. off to veg on the couch for 30 minutes before Mason wakes up again.
~Lisa~
Friday, September 09, 2005
It's Friday night, and that means...
Posted by MamaTink at 9:35 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WTG Mom!!! You're truly an inspiration!!!
Hugs
Julie
SEE? Superwoman!! WHOOHOO!
WooHooo! That's wonderful!!!!
You're such an awesome mommy! :o)
-Jes
Post a Comment