Well, anyone that has even met Jenna, or looked close enough at a picture of her probably has noticed that her teeth are in rough shape. They haven't been getting any worse in the past year, but also aren't getting better, of course.
Al talked to our Dentist, who I can't stand, and refuse to take her to. And he said that she needs to be looked at, but they probably wouldn't do much about her baby teeth anyway...so we just left it, and maintained a healthy teeth brushing routine, like always.
Until today. This morning Jenna woke up with her first toothache. I knew this day would come. I tried to pretend is wouldn't. But I cant hide from it any longer.
I gave her some tylenol for the pain, and managed to put some Anbesol on her bottom molars, and she's stopped grabbing her face and crying, so hopefully something worked.
I am so afraid to take her to the dentist(Which I have to do on my own today, at 11:45.). I am sooo bad at hearing my failings. I am sure I will be reprimanded up one side and down the other for not having her in there as soon as we noticed the problem. And I only have two reasons for not taking her. 1. We've never had a dental plan to cover the insane prices...nor the extra money to do it out of pocket. and 2. I can't handle being told I'm a bad mom.
How pathetic is that? How incredibly pathetic? And now, today of all days, when I am sick as a DOG, I have to go on my own...and try to keep the tears at bay.
I'm so afraid. And I feel SO terrible that I have failed my daughter like this.
~Lisa~
Monday, September 26, 2005
Feeling like a terrible mom.
Posted by MamaTink at 10:00 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hope the appointment goes better than you thought it would Lisa. If the dentist isn't nice to you, find another one. There is no reason to be treated badly.
Lisa,
I totally echo what Julie said. You need to be with a dentist that you feel comfortable with. You DESERVE the best, Lisa. Cause you ARE TEH BEST.
I've never taken any of my kids to the dentist. For the same reasons. Heck...I'll one up you. I don't even have a normal teeth brushing routine w/them. I'm working on it.
Now...who's the bad mother here? ;)
Seriously, Ig the dentist decides to pull a jackhole moment on you...get your daughter, and your boys, and walk out. When they send a bill...fight it, if you can. I'm not sure how canada works on this. But if you leave before he starts anything, then screw them. Fight it. If he does get stuff done on her, then make the payment, and include a note that you are so disgusted with his behavior as a professional that you will never be back to him, AND you are going to tell all your friends (And encourage them to tell everyone THEY know) not to go to him. You can even report him to the BBB (I think this is available in Ca).
Threat is a powerful thing when done correctly. ;)
(((hugs))) You're NOT a bad mom.
-Jes
Oh Lisa...I am hopeless about teeth, scared to death of the dentist myself and haven't taken the boys yet and it's all free here for under 18's so what is my reason?
He'd better be a good dentist to that little girl though! I can never understand why dentsist think it's a good idea to make parents feel like crap..as if we don't anyway, much better to simply explain a better way to help your kids. let us know what happens! Good luck!
Oh Lisa I'm so sorry! I felt the same way when Sarah got fluorosis and then again when she got a cavity :( Ugh.. I hate taking care of their teeth :(
Hugs
Julie
Post a Comment