CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I had no idea

Holed up in my cozy home for the past couple weeks. Warm in my bed, warm in my family's arms, I had no idea. Of the utter Devastation that has taken hold of our neighbours to the south. I mean, I knew of the Hurricane. I knew thousands upon thousands of people had become homeless. I knew that thousands are dead, and missing. I knew that children, and elderly and even the average Joe and Jane struggled in the waters to save their lives, and the lives of their loved ones. I knew some made it, and some didn't.

I didn't know of the Hell that had taken hold of the city. I didn't know of the horrors children are facing at the hands of some bastards that think...well, God only know what they are thinking when they are ruining lives the way they are. I hadn't heard of the shootings inside the dome where so many sought shelter, and strength. I hadn't heard of people, LIVING people were put into morgues, to die peacefully.

Until watching Oprah today.

How can Humans be so cold. So heartless, so uncaring towards people in the same situation as themselves. Why do they have to take such a horrific situation, and make it so much worse??

Where is the HELP for these people? Where is the compassion, the government, the army? Where is the food, the damn WATER? Where is the hope?

My heart is breaking for these people. I feel so helpless.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I missed Oprah, but I can only imagine the horror she was able to expose on national tv.

Willowtree said...

I watched oprah yesterday too, and I cried straight through. When Dr. Oz showed a dead woman laying on the side of the road, uncovered, I felt hopeless, that was someone's mother, sister, daughter, wife. Just laying there like a piece of trash. I cant imagine what it must have been like in that awful place. I dont understand how our government was so unprepared.

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

crap.. you made my watch Oprah and my eyes have been sore ever since :(

Awful... just so very very awful :(

Hugs

Julie