Since we met 7 years ago, it's been no secret that Al struggles with his weight. Unfortunately, in those 7 years, he's gained more than he's lost. And it's largely my fault. I have a metabolism that can afford the occasional chocolate bar, or bag of chips. Al has to work his ass off to have such luxuries...and I have often failed to appreciate that.
I know that he has often asked for my help in losing weight. It works for the first couple of days...but then when he asks to cheat(with food!!), I feel sooo guilty about denying him, that I cave. Not very supportive am I?
But now, he's taken a wonderful step. He's contacted LA weight loss to see if they can help. I can't begin to say how proud I am of him for taking this first, and very big, step. I only hope that A) We can figure out a way to afford it, and B) I can change my cooking habits well enough to adapt to his new routine, and diet.
I really hope this will help turn him around. I worry so much when he gets so depressed about his weight. While I understand how he feels, there's nothing I can do or say to help him out of those funks...and it breaks my heart.
To me he is now, and always will be beautiful. But I know that when he feels/sees it too...he'll glow.
~Lisa~
Thursday, September 01, 2005
So proud of my man.
Posted by MamaTink at 4:05 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lisa, that could have been my post a year and a half ago. Chris joined Bernstein, and while we really couldn't afford it, it HAS been a good investment.
He lost 90lbs, and has kept about 70 of it off after 1.5 years. I am sooooo proud of him, and he's proud of himself. The amount of self confidence it gave him is incredible, and Al will be the same, i'm sure.
I'm like you, and tend to cave pretty easily, but it's amazing how when you are paying dearly for something, it's easier to be strict. I'm even eating better myself, and Chris' healthier lifestyle has affected me too. (although I still indulge more than I should).
Way to go Al! I know you can do it.
-jenn
How great that he is taking this step...let us know how it all goes, I know what you mean about caving, H should eat much better than he does since his heart attack and I just hate to say no to treats for him. Even though it's vital that he eat the right food, you think I would be able to get us both eating right but somehow we are hopeless! Good for Al though for doing this. Good luck to him.
WTG AL!!!!! WTG Lisa too for helping :)
Hugs
Julie
Post a Comment