1. Jenna was concieved on our 1 month Wedding Anniversary :) It was strange...I just had a feeling that night was different. But didn't really know why. That was the first time in my life that my period had been late. We found out on Friday October 13th. I was 20, in College and scared out of my mind! She came 11 days late. born via c-section, because I didn't dialate well.
2. I call her my 'Survivor' baby. When we were arguing over names, The first season of survivor was a huge hit with us, and Jenna(one of the contestants) really stood out for some reason. So I decided on that name. (Al wanted Emma) when it came to a middle name, we jokingly thought of the other survivors, and decided that Jenna Colleen sounded nice together. and it stuck! Al still wanted Emma though. We decided, if she's born with dark hair, she'll be Emma, light hair and she'll be Jenna. Well, the day came (June 25) and out came this round baby with dark dark hair. I thought to myself, "well, Emma it is then." Just as Al said to me..."I don't think she looks like an Emma" LOL there went that plan. So, Jenna Colleen she is, my survivor baby :)
3. She was my biggest baby weighing in at a whopping 9lbs 3oz! I never imagined she'd be that big!! I blame it on the McDonald's cheeseburgers. I had been a vegetarian for 4-5 years when I got pregnant, until one day when I ate ALL of our food...until Al came home and I made him got get me 2 Cheeseburgers. They were delicious...too delicious!!! And that was the end of my vegetarian days!! What does she get in her Happy Meal more often than not?? Cheeseburgers :)
4. She and I were not successful at breastfeeding. I was young, and uneducated, she was hugry a lot! I tried for a couple weeks, and then realized that for my sanity, and her health, bottles would be better. Although I do SO wish I had stuck it out with her.
5. Jenna LOVES to draw. Not colour, she hates colouring, but give her a stack of blank paper, and a ballpoint pen, and she's happy for hours!! And, in my opinion, for a 4 year old, she's pretty good :)
6. Her favourite colour is Red. But that's just today. The other day it was purple, tomorrow it will probably be pink. And really, any colour that has sparkles on it is BEST.
7. She's a girly girl. In some cases. She loves having her nails painted, and will wear a dress anytime, anywhere...but couldn't really care less if her hair is brushed pretty, or if she slops food on her pretty dresses :) She has the best time playing dress-up. And she throws one heck of a hissy-fit! LOL
8. She's a really good big sister. I saw no signs of jealousy from her after Mason was born. When we had Aidan she slept in our bed for about 2 months...that was rough.
9. She's pretty average academically...but if something interests her, she soaks it all in and excels. I'm glad she's average..but on the high end of average. I think school will be easy for her.
10. She's VERY caring. She worries when people close to her are ill. She's compationate when people are sad. I know she'll make a really good mother some day.
I'm glad that since we're not going to have anymore children, the girl I got is so wonderful.
~Lisa~
Thursday, January 05, 2006
10 things about Jenna...
Posted by MamaTink at 1:27 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
She sounds like a wonderful little girl Lisa. :) I'm sure she will grow up into a wonderful young lady.
You have wonderful children.. truly wonderful.. course that's because they have such an amazing mommy :)
TFS your family with us!!!
Hugs
Julie
She is beautiful - just like her mum, and she SO does not look like an Emma!! I think her name suits her perfectly!
I ate cheeseburgers with Duncan all the time too! funny!
And they're born the same year too - We probably increased McD's profits that year!
Post a Comment