CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 20, 2006

I did it...

I asked Al to make me an appointment with our Doctor.

I, very honestly, had considered not making an appointment. I'm shy, and stubborn, and proud(and not the good way proud). I was too embarrassed about my 'episodes' to call for myself. I'm afraid of looking like a failure. And then, yesterday when I was talking to Jes(My wonderful wonderful friend, whom I WILL meet someday!!!) I couldn't even talk about the attacks without having one. So that decided me. I can't go through life with three children being afraid of having an attack any time, anywhere.

I just wish i knew where these are coming from. I don't feel overly stressed...no more than I have been for months...in fact, I thought I was feeling LESS stressed, because Al has a new job, which he LOVES, I have had a break from working, between Henry and his Mom being sick, and their vacation to Florida. So really, what's to panic about!? I just don't know.

My mom offered a lot of ideas about the stress in my life last night. But those stresses are there all the time, and compared to other stressful times in my life, I'm on a frickin' picnic. I kinda got the impression she thinks this is all in my head, and I'm really fine.

but in reality...I am not so fine. I need to get out of the house more. I need a hobby or something.

I am quite confident that I am NOT suffering from postpartum depression. I do not feel sad, or disconnected from friends/family. I have no thoughts of causing injury to myself or anyone else. I am not crying at all, and my eating habits are normal...except for an increased desire for A LOT of chocolate :) This list for PPD goes on, but really, it doesn't fit me. The list of symptoms for Panic Anxiety Disorder does.

So, I will go to see my doctor on tuesday. And I will be brave as can be...and try not to cry LOL.

I really need to say thank you to the people that offered support, and concern. It means so much to me to know that I have people I can call or email. Love to you all.

~Lisa~

6 comments:

Julie Q said...

I'm glad you are getting checked Lisa. It is an excellent idea. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't know if you've seen my comments on Julie's blog but I have also been to the Dr. lately as it's been over 3 yrs since my last physical. Yes, I feel fine, but the guilt finally got to me as I realized THERE ARE NO MORE EXCUSES FOR ME NOT TO GO. You owe it to yourself & your kids to find out, Lisa. It may be a better experience than you think.

Best wishes,

Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

Anonymous said...

Yay!
I am so PROUD of you (the good kind)! :o)

You are the sweetest person in the world, Losa. ;o)

We WILL meet!

Let me know how it goes at the Dr. When is your appointment?
-Jes

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

thank you!!

Jenn said...

((((((hugs))))))) Lisa!!!

Lisa said...

crying at the dr's is perfectly okay...at least then they actually believe something is not normal for you :) Hope it all goes well...I've been through a lot of this for the last 5 months with my husband and I know it can be hard.