As I mentioned in my earlier Blog...today is an Anniversary for Al and I. Our first kiss(es).
In September 1998, I met my future husband. He hugged me. And there was an undeniable chemistry there. Not that HE felt it...but from that moment on, I watched for him everywhere I went. Prayed that I would see him in the halls at school. My heart would beat a little faster at the sight of a leather jacket like his.
We got to know each other a little. Spent some time hanging out with mutual friends.
These friends threw a Christmas/finals are almost over/birthday party for me and all their friends on December 4th, 1998. Al was there. There was some drinking. I made it clear, that I was after him. OKAY! So my ACTUAL words were "I am going to sleep with Al!!" I didn't say that to HIM, just my closest friends there :) *blush* Nothing happened that night. It just seems like the beginning to me.
A couple days later(or was it before??) He and I met outside, he was going to a final, I was coming from one. He gave me this goofy red smiley-face ring for good luck. I told him "I guess we're married now huh?" He agreed :) I told him he'd better not tell his girlfriend. He told me not to tell my boyfriend. That's right. We were BOTH in relationships at the time.
My friend and I went one evening to his 'house' (The residence at Canadore College is all town houses) We wanted to say goodbye before the christmas break. I gave him a card...signed it "Your Wife" I'll never forget the look in his eyes. And then he told us that he wasn't sure he was going to be back...wasn't sure if his exam scores would be high enough to keep him in school(He was a nursing student. The minimum to stay in was 75%). I was sooo devestated. I honestly went home and cried!! And two days later when I got the nerve to go back to talk to him, tell him how I felt, he had gone home already.
I spent the entire christmas break worried about Al. Worried I would never see him again. And coming to the realization that no matter how hard I tried to convince myself that my current boyfriend was the best I would ever do...that I was wrong. He was abusive. He was no good for me. He wasn't my future. But I stayed with him. We'd been together for almost 4 years by then.
Fast forward a little to January. Back at school. Our friends and us went out for wings and Beer(how very Canadian of us LOL, but really, it was $6 pitcher night at The Moose(is Loose change lodge)!). We talked, and drank, and laughed, and danced....wow, did we dance!! It was so cold that night. Al walked me home. I was a first year, and our houses were on a different part of the campus. We stood outside my house for what seemed like hours. And we kissed. The smell of beer on his breath will always take me back to that night. The smell of leather too. We kissed a whole lot. I just couldn't get enough of him. He taught me how to kiss. My ex was a HOrrendous kisser, and I guess I just adapted to his style! lol...Al still makes fun of me for it! Anyway. I invited him in (FOOLISH ME!) but he declined. Saying he was "too much of a gentleman". HA lol. He was just trying to impress me. So, I went in. He went home to warm his feet(he was only wearing running shoes!! Poor guy!).
The next day I called my ex, and officially made him my ex. Much to his devestation. It was afterall, the day after his birthday. I know. VERY bad timing. And he tried to make me pay for it. for a long time. Thankfully, I was in love, and determined to not let him ruin my life, as he tried to do for the past 4 years.
My husband freed me from a monster. and for that, I will be eternally grateful.
That was 7 years ago tonight.
How time flies. He's still a great kisser. I'm still just as in love with him.
:)
~Lisa~
Thursday, January 12, 2006
The anniversary...
Posted by MamaTink at 11:10 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aw very sweet Lisa. So glad you dumped the ex for Al. :) It was a wise choice.
What a great love story - TFS!
Hope Al is reading this 'cause he is one lucky dude to have you, Lisa!
Enjoy your anniversary with lots more kisses & other things ;)
Shauna (murgatr)
dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02
Post a Comment