CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 05, 2006

10 things about Mason...

This is going to be hard. After all, he is only 4 1/2 months old!!

1. Mason was a surprise. A very big one. Admittedly, Al and I did 'try' for a couple months to conceive, but on the third month decided we really weren't ready for 3 kids, and let TTC go. I know full well that Mason should NOT have been conceived when he was. I shouldn't have ovulated until December 8th or 9th, but KNOW that I got pg. on my birthday, which is December 5th. And! I KNOW that Al was wearing protection. We were just REALLY meant to have this particular baby.

2. Mason was my smallest baby. at 7lbs 9oz. 21" long. He was also the only one I had early. 6 days early, with a scheduled c-section. Which I got very sick from. Although no one really knows why. lots and lots of vomitting after his birth. The room was spinning, and I couldn't even hold my son :(

3. In fact, I was so sick, Mason was about 8 hours old before he was officially named. Which bothered me. We decided the night before he was born that he would be either Cole, or Mason.
When he was born, my first thoughts were: 1. I knew it!! (In response to the doctor telling us we'd had a boy) 2. He's so small!!(Which I said out loud) 3. He looks just like Jenna, (Which I whispered to Al, through my tears) and 4. He looks like a Mason to me (Which I kept to myself, because I wasn't sure what Al really wanted.) When we got back to our room, I would say out loud "The baby" but I think, in my head, I have always called him Mason. I'm glad for that now...he doesn't seem like a Cole, or a Devon, or a Carter after all :)

4. He has blue eyes...with one little gold/brownish spot. I had hoped he would get green eyes like his daddy, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

5. He's a Really good baby. Very content. He cries when he is hungry, tired or needs a bum change...and that's about it. Otherwise, he's grinning away at anyone that looks his way...unless they have a camera, and then he tones it down a bit :)

6. He's a little bit tongue-tied. But since he nurses so well, the doctor isn't concerned about...so Iguess I won't be either.

7. He lost a lot of weight after he was born. dropped dowm to 6lbs 13oz...from 7/9. That was scary. But, then my milk came in, and he gained 2 ounces back over-night, so the nurses said we could come home. He seemed so tiny and fragile compared to his sister and brother. But, he's certainly made up for lost time!! He was up to 17lbs at 4 months old. And has very impressive man-boobs. LOL

8. He's my chattiest baby. Loves to babble and coo...and most recently, squeal, at everything, and everyone.

9. He wouldn't take a soother for a long time. We tried a few kinds until we found one that he would take. The only reason I pushed the issue was because he was showing signs of being a thumb sucker...and that's one thing I do not like.

10. He's my last. I cuddle him more. I don't push him to advance as much. And I think I enjoy HIM more. He makes it easy though. He's just so lovable :)

~Lisa~(That was actually easier than I thought!!)

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

And he's adorable! :) He does look like Jenna. He sounds like a really sweet baby Lisa.

Hold him all you can, you will never regret it. :)

Jenn said...

oh my gosh, little Mason is not so little anymore!!! He's such a CUTE ball of chunk - Oh I want to cuddle him!!!
Give him extra kisses for me. Even at 4 months it's neat to see that little personality developing!

I loved reading about all your kids :)