CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Some of my favourite childhood memories.

1. Walking to the grocery store with my mom. I remember her pushing my brother in his carriage. There was a very long hill, and she would let me run to the bottom and wait for her to catch up. I felt so grown up...I was 3.

2. Camping with my family. I remember once when my brother was about 2...and just toilet trained. We were walking along a trail, and a huge wave came across and knocked him down before he could run across the puddle. He cried and cried and cried. When my parents finally calmed him down and told him it was just wanter, no big deal, he would dry...he cried out in the most pitiful saddest voice "I peed my pants!!!" We laugh and laugh at that still to this day.

3. Toboganning with my cousin Susan. My Aunt and Uncle live on a farm, and my cousin would take Brian and I to this HUGE hill up the road. It always felt like we were flying.

4. Road trips to camping. My mom would make up scavenger hunt lists of things for us to find. There was always a pink house, a red church, a black goat and a green water tower. Whenever I see any of those things I am always taken right back to my childhood.

5. Riding around the block on our bikes. And we lived in the country. That was a hella long bike ride. But it was fun. We would discover so much about each other.

6. Playing in the gravel pit with my friends. We would run and jump off the top and slide down these 50-100 foot hills. Crazy!!! but so much fun.

7. Playing basebell with My George. He was always SO encouraging...even though I am lousy at baseball.

8. my 12th birthday. My mom let us decorate my cake, and we ended up having an icing fight. It was hilarious. And way too sweet!! I'm not sure we had any cake after eating that much icing.

9. Fishing at my Dad's pond. It was just so relaxing. Even though, after 14 years of trying...I still haven't caught a fish!!

10. Skinny dipping in my dad's pond. With a few friends :) And someone mistaking my best friend's white underwear for her boyfriends bum :) She was mortified.

You know...I have been to Disneyworld, Epcot, Universal Studios. The CN Tower, Niagra Falls, Marine World and Canada's Wonderland. But it's the things done at the spur of the moment, with friends and family that really stand out for me.

~Lisa~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have some pretty great memories there, Lisa. ITA - sometimes spontaneous things work out better than if they were planned in advance.

TFS!

Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

Julie Q said...

Some very fun memories Lisa. :) Thanks for sharing.