I am so getting the Mom of the Day award today. (I've given up on the yearly award, because, well...because, I'll get to that.)
I have become seriously addicted to wraps. Cesear wraps. With Bacon. And Mozzarella cheese. Did you know, when you buy pre-shredded, but oh-so-convienient, cheese, the price is equivilant to paying someone $80 per hour to shred it!? INSANE! But convienient. But I digress...So, I love these wraps! And, as happens in mommy-land have always managed to be 2 or 3...0r 4 bites short of a full wrap. My daughter loves them too! So today for lunch I made her one. I had vaguely mentioned...okay, so maybe it was pretty much a promise...making her one for dinner last night. I decided against it because I KNOW that Aidan would want one, and then not eat one, which would mean making 2 dinners for my son. No Thanks. My 4 year old, of course, called me on it halfway through her Chicken fingers, Fries and Peas.
So. Lunch making time comes along last night. I made her a wrap. I cheated, and snuck in the lunch meat, which my husband has ruined for me, by telling me of the god awful amount of Salt they put in lunch meat. damn him. I like lunch meat. I don't like it as much as I hate my tummy though...so I will avoid it...and eat half a tube of pringles instead. Genius. Digressing...again.
I wish I could have been at school with Jenna at lunch time today. She'll be so excited to see a wrap in there :) and a CHOCOLATE PUDDING!! And I remembered the Spoon!! Oh yeah. MOM. OF. THE. DAY!!!
Why am I not getting Mom of the Year? Well, many many reasons, including (all from today) forgetting to give Jenna her antibiotic dose at Breakfast this morning. Putting a hole in the LAST pair of white tights Jenna owns...on the day I PROMISED that she could wear a skirt. Letting Mason cry a bit while I fed my Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes addiction...they were interviewd by Ellen today. I am all for them. He's gone all Nutjob, but are they not super cute together :) ?
So, this is totally off topic here, but I need to go to the judges on something...How many MINI Cabury cream eggs are acceptable? For a person who really is TRYING to eat well? STOP! Stop thinking of the Bacon and Mozzarella in my wrap!! 2 slices, and a sprinkle! that's all! I want to eat the whole bag, but will resist. So far I've had three today. YUM. The big ones are sometimes too much for me. but those Mini ones...perfect delitable morsels of chocolate!
Well, that's all I've got.
Ciao bella's.
~Lisa~
P.s. Today is the anniversary of the day my husband and I shared out first kiss. hmm...I think I'll post about that later when I have time.
P.P.s, Also the 27th birthday of the boyfriend I had on said day of first kiss. weird. bad me. So happy.
Thursday, January 12, 2006
Posted by MamaTink at 2:23 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
After grating some extra skin in with my cheese on numerous occasions, I decided to save my family from cannibalism & buy the shredded cheese bags. Handy tip - buy the biggest bag you can afford and freeze it, then just take out what you need! You would get my vote for Mom of the Day Lisa - that lunch sounds pretty tasty to me. Those mini eggs are too small to count as real calories, honest!
Shauna (murgatr)
dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02
Hmmm, I'm the best person to put that question to. On the chocolate that is. If it is in the house, I just can't not eat it! So, I try not to buy it. Notice I said try.
I hope Jenna liked her lunch. I always liked to put little surprises in the kid's lunches. I can't believe I might be packing Zachary a lunch next year! My baby. :)
Post a Comment