Jenna had another Dentist appointment today. She did AMAZING!! I am SO proud of my girl. Dentists scare the crap out of me, and I am 26, I can't imagine what it must be like for a 4 year old! Dr. Mocrae was able to do three teeth today. all in the front, so her smile is getting nicer and nicer with every visit :)
She had the gas again, it makes her "floaty". It was so funny, at one point the dental assistant gave her a gauze thingy to hold...a little while later, Jenna was trying to grab it with her other hand...and totally couldn't manage it!! she was just grabbing for thin air :) Poor Kid! They keep a blood pressure cuff on her so that they can check her before, during and after the procedure. Whenever she got nervous she would squeeze the ball thingy. I guess it made her feel better.
She also had the munchies all frickin' afternoon! Too funny.
I'm still having trouble getting Aidan to go to sleep like he used to. It's so frustrating and heart breaking. He cries and cries. Normally I am not a fan of CIO, but with three kids, I don't have a whole lot of options. I can't sit there and wait for him to fall asleep every night. ARGH!! I need a nanny. It's almost 9:30 and he's still crying. I'm not sure what else to do for him. He has half the toys in the world in his bed. He has every blanket he can think of, a new pillow, music on, a night light(two actually) and still, he will not go to sleep. **Okay, I caved, writing about it, and hearing it at the same time proved to be too much for me. I went and sat in his room. Which was DUMB DUMB DUMB!! Because now he is going to REMEMBER that, and scream holy murder again tomorrow. So frustrating.
Mason is being weird too. He was awake from 3:00 until 5:45. Then he woke up at 6:30 to eat, and went right back to sleep again. And he's still sleeping! I should go to bed, but my kitchen is a horrendous mess and I can't stand it like it is.
Wish me luck...I'm going in.
~Lisa~
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Good Day for the most part
Posted by MamaTink at 9:48 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck Lisa, it sounds like it might be a long night for you. Want me to send Ken over to clean your kitchen? :) He's not the greatest dish washer, but he does pretty good.
I would have caved with Aidan too. I always did that when mine were younger. I was lucky though, my 2nd baby was good about going to sleep.
I'm so glad Jenna was such a brave girl - makes it so much easier on you!
As for Aidan - try the "check on you" method. Put him to bed, tell him you'll check on him in 1 minute - if he's good and quiet and stays in bed. Then keep checking on him - increase the time inbetween "checks" - they are usually asleep before you get to 5 minutes.
A friend of ours uses this method with his 2 yr old, and I use it on Matthew - Works great!
-jenn-
Post a Comment