So, Al decided this morning that he was craving CinnaBons. Which, in turn, led to ME craving them too! I remembered Crystal(Sorry, I haven't figured out how to link from here yet...any teachers out there?) had posted a recipe on her blog about Better than the Mall Cinnamon Buns. So, I printed it out, got the few ingredients I was missing from the grocery store, dug my breadmaker out from the fiery depths of the garage(GAH! HATE!)...and went to it...here's what turned out...
This is SO not the Weight Watchers version :) That's 1 cup of brown sugar on there ladies!!

All rolled up :)

All Sliced up :) (Ignore my icky looking baking pan...it's clean!!! HONEST!

35 Minutes later...all raised up...ready for the oven.

Straight from the oven. Hot, Cinnamon-y goodness :)

And the cream cheese icing...Oh...My...GOD!!! Heaven...absolute, eat-it-with-a-spoon GOODNESS!

Before...

About 9.2 seconds later.
The verdict??
YUM!! I can't say they are better than the Mall...but they are pretty damn good :)
~Lisa~
6 comments:
That was almost as good as eating them (yeah right.. i'm a total freaking liar!!!) They do look pretty darn yummy but if it makes you feel any better just one caramel pecal Cinnabon is 26 WW points. To give you an idea, an average sized person gets 18-25 points PER DAY. Yours have GOT to be less than that so well worth making them at home :)
Oh my that's a lot of WW points. We too had cinnamon rolls this morning. Pop n Fresh dough kind. I only ate one as the calories were 400 in them! I said I'm not eating 800 calories just for breakfast! So, good for me? A little?
I did make those once and they did turn out pretty good. And yours do look yummy! :)
Mmmmm, they DID look good. Are you sure they're not Atkins approved? ;) Oh well, does it really matter? My mom makes awesome cinnamon buns that don't even make it to the cream cheese icing.
Shauna (murgatr)
dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02
Oh Lisa
heaven in a baking pan...right there in your kitchen.
Um...when you fly me up there ccan you make me those? ROFL
-Jes
YUMMY!!!!!!!!!! I've made those from Crystal's recipe and just about died! BTW, they are 9 Weight Watchers points per roll! LOL Sure wish I was at your house Lisa!
awwww man! Now I'm craving Cinnabons! But the only place I know of in Michigan that has them is the Detroit Metro Airport...and trust me, whenever I'm there I get them...all of once every 4 years :(
Post a Comment