I swear!! I have given up any and all hopes of ever going near my kitchen again. Seriously. We got these really yummy looking bacon wrapped chicken things. So, I figured, it's Al's first day of a new job, I'll be a nice wife and make a great dinner for him.(Not that I don't often try...) SURE! I should have known from the directions that it was a disaster in the making. "Move rack in oven to one above centre. Pre-heat oven to 500*. Lightly coat baking sheet with oil. " HA!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! Smoke. Everywhere. I tried. I switched to rack back to the centre. I changed cookie sheets to an Un-oiled one, I lowered the temperature. All to no avail. I eventually put them in a frying pan...but it was pretty much a lost cause by then. And in the middle of all that, Mason, who had decided to be awake all afternoon, chose 5:30 to want a nap. NOW...so I burned the first batch of pierogies too!!
The kids ate it. Although...not much of the chicken. Can't say I blame them.
Al and I had McDonalds.
My oven is a Continuous Clean model...meaning I never ever have to clean it. Until now. I'm not sure I'm supposed to use oven cleaner on my oven. I'll have to ask my mom.
And i'll definitely be leaving the nicer cooking to my husband. Who is a genius in the kitchen.
I however, still make a Mean Mac 'N Cheese :)
~Lisa~
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
I am not a Pyro!! No REALLY!!!
Posted by MamaTink at 9:17 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
lol you are so cute.
I bet you turned like 10 shades of red wwhile telling us about your "el freaky n ah nah, didn't you?!" Lol
Hey do you still BZ?
Oh crap, yeah I"m a nerd.
That was supposed to be on the one below.
This comment is for this blog:
Okay yeah. You are like me. I tried shoving a pizza in my oven last weekend, that was 17"x17" and ended up catching part of my oven on fire.
The joys.
-j
Olive Oil, as long as it stays on the baking sheet and doesn't drip off, is good for high temperatures. :) So, use sparingly or use a pan with sides. We make homemade pizza quite often and I only get smoke, when the oil goes over the edge.
You should see my oven right now. ;) I have to clean it quite often. I like the no fumes oven cleaner. It seems to work about the same as the other kind, but no fumes. And use rubber gloves.
Oops, use a good quality olive oil. I like Bertolli.
He he, I noticed I sound like a mother. :)
Post a Comment