CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

5 days, 5 people, 5 Doctor's appointments!!

Friday: Al had his follow up appointment with our family doctor. Who does Not believe that Al has an Ulcer!! woohoo!! He figures that because of the stress of Al's old job, it caused some gastric irritation(Or something like that...not sure of the real term). Good news :) He has finished his medication, and is feeling fine :) No heartburn, no racing to the bathroom :)

Saturday: Jenna has pink-eye. Off to the clinic for antibiotic eye drops for her.

Monday:Mason and Aidan. Mason had his 5 month well baby checkup and needle. He's getting SO big!! 19lbs 4oz. and 27.5" long!! Which means he has outgrown his infant car seat(WAH!! SOB!!) since ours is only good for up to 20lbs, or 26". I hate this transition when they're so little. he still falls asleep in his car seat, and it makes it so much easier getting him in and out. Shopping is going to be a huge challenge now. Not sure how I am going to work a cart, an infant who is not sitting up well enough for the front of the car, and a 2 year old that may or may not stay by my side in the store! WAH!!!
Aidan had a wart on his nose. But, since it seems to be getting better on it's own we don't need to do anything for it.

Which brings us to today: Me. I am indeed having panic attacks. While not fun, I AM glad to know that I am NOT having heart attacks, or going insane, or going to die. I have a prescription for Ativan. To take at the onset of an attack. I have also been ordered to take 20-30 minutes a day just for ME. Which is going to be weird...and hard. I am not used to being by myself. But it'll be good for me. I think on nice days I'll probably get out for a walk in the evenings. And when it's still too cold for comfort, I'll probably take a bath...or lounge in bed to read or something. Maybe I'll get a Sudoku book. I talked to my friend Karen, who suffers from anxiety. Her and I are going to go out one evening a week to Tim Hortons, or something like that. Just her and I :) I'm looking forward to that. We have been drifting apart lately, being so busy with our babies...it's time to rekindle that important relationship.

So, that's the update at our house. Other than the fact that Henry's mom doesn't want me bringing Mason with me to work anymore. Which is totally breaking my heart. I am so torn. While I knew this day would come, I had really hoped that he would be with me until at LEAST 6 months old. He's only 5 months :( I also am not sure if we can afford for me to be paying for Aidan and Mason to be in day care. And then come summer, all 3. But, I am pretty sure we also can't afford for me NOT to be bringing in some money. Here's to hoping that Stephen Harper (our new Prime Minister) will hold true to his promise of $1200/year/child under 6...and soon.

Blah. Too sad to think about right now :(

~Lisa~

4 comments:

Julie Q said...

Good luck with the promise of the money Lisa! :) When Bush promised us $1000 per child, he gave us an early bonus for it. Right at back to school time! It was great.

I'm glad to hear you are just having panic attacks. Not that it is great news, but it is way better than heart problems. I hope the medicine and time to yourself works for you.

I know what you mean about the baby growing out of his little car seat. I hated when Zachary outgrew his. We were lucky though, it was summer. I liked it to keep him warm and cozy.

Well, I'm writing a book here. Glad to hear Al is doing well also. :)

Take care!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the carseats Lisa! Kaitlyn is just on the edge of moving into the booster seat, so by summer at least two that we currently own will be gone. We did the Dr's visits last week for me & DH, next round is the dentist - blech! Ativan is a wonderful thing when I am stressed about school & just cannot shut my brain off at night to sleep. It's important to take time out for you only as well. Daycare will also be a challenge when I do my practicum im May & June for both girls but hopefully temporary til summer when I can work less.

Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

Lisa said...

At least now that you know what they are, you can have a way to control them and hopefully, by taking that time for yourself, heed them off. My dr. kept telling me I need time to myself too...let me know how you find that time :)

Julie Q said...

Hi Lisa. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you today.

(((Big Hugs!)))