I had another wisdom tooth taken out yesterday. Let me tell you...I am NOT a person that uses curse words very often...anymore...but wow...the ones I could use to describe this torture....
I had the first one out in June. It wasn't a big deal at all. Made me a little tired for a bit afterwards, but that was it. I even went to work the next day.
But this one...it broke a bit when Dr. Yankers(no, not his real name.) reefed on it the first time. I was okay, until I thought I detectd a note of panic in his voice when he asked his assistant to suck up the broken bits. I'm laying there, eyes clenched tight, hands clenched tighter, thinking "Dear GOD, I am going to DIE, from choking on my own TOOTH BITS!!" GROSS!!! Luckily Mrs. Assistant(not her real name either) got the bits sucked out just in time. Phew! no dying at the dentist for This girl!! Nuh UH!
He showed me the tooth when he got it out. also. GROSS. It was a lot bigger than I anticipated from staring at my x-ray for long amounts of time. Upside down, it looked oddly like a tooth my dog once lost. Again. GROSS.
I am having trouble yawning today. And of course, am tired as all get out, so WANT to yawn a lot. Thinking about it makes it bad. Trying to do it without opening my mouth makes me want to do it more.
Eating has also been somewhat of a challenge. Blah. What I REALLY want is a nice steak, with some sauteed mushrooms. Not that I could cook it, but to know I could eat it without whining about it would be nice!
But enough about me.
My poor Alvin is sick. He's been spending his evening with a hotdate with the toilet for the past few nights. I don't know what to do for him. And I feel Really BAD about that :( He's a keep to himself kinda sick person. And me being the mothering type...that's not a good combo. DUH. I'm really hoping he'll drag his butt into the clinic tomorrow :( Really hoping.
Okay. off to bed.
OH! Before I go...Big News!
HE LAUGHS!!!

Big, belly laughs :) And mostly for his sister :) "BOUT TIME!!
~Lisa~
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
YeeeOUCH!! And some grossness.
Posted by MamaTink at 10:25 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad Mason has finally found the humor in life thanks to his big sis.
I remember the pain I was in after my wisdom teeth were removed (will spare you all the gory details, but it wasn't very pretty either) and that I craved a big old steak & ribs even though all I could eat was soup & jello for awhile. Love the alias for the dentist & co. - wonder if there really is a dentist out there with that name?
Hope Al feels better & ditches the interludes with the porcelain goddess real soon :)
Shauna (murgatr)
dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02
Aw, yes big news! Baby laughs are adorable. :)
Sorry to hear Al is sick. Also sorry to hear about the tooth. Sounds awful. :(
Take care!
Post a Comment